Where is Daniel Jacobs vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr taking place? Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix, Arizona
When is Daniel Jacobs vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and what time does it start? Sunday 21st December, 2019 – 02:00 approx (UK)
What TV channel is Daniel Jacobs vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr on? Sky Sports Main Event
Where can I stream Daniel Jacobs vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the fight via the Sky Sport website.
For viewers in the United States, the fight will be available to stream via the DAZN website and app.
Where can I get tickets for Daniel Jacobs vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr?
- Jacobs is coming off the third loss of his career which was a unanimous decision against Canelo Alvarez, losing his IBF middleweight title.
- After finishing 12 opponents in a row between 2010 and 2016 Jacobs has gone to a decision in his last five fights and lost two of them – to Alvarez and the other to Gennady Golovkin in 2017.
- Although his last five fights have gone to a decision, Jacobs has a huge knockout ratio of 83% and will carry that power as he moves up to 168 lbs making his debut in the super middleweight division.
JULIO CESAR CHAVEZ JR
- Chavez Jr also suffered a decision loss to Alvarez back in 2017 and he has only fought once since which was a knockout win over Evert Bravo in August this year.
- Chavez Jr’s eligibility to fight has been up in the air after evading VADA drug tests, thus serving a suspension in Nevada. There is no guarantee he will be cleared to fight on 21st December, so it has been reported that Gabriel Rosado is on standby to fight Jacobs should the fight fall through.
- Chavez Jr has been very inactive; only fighting once in 2016 and 2017 and making a return four months ago against a relatively unknown opponent. However, he is a former dominant middleweight champion who racked up 46 wins before tasting defeat.
Jacobs moves up a division off the back of a loss and Chavez Jr has his first competitive fight in two and a half years, but this will still be a technical battle of utter class. Jacobs is a natural super middleweight and Chavez Jr is in great shape at the moment. Jacobs will not be giving up size or reach as he moves up a division and his speed and power may just make the difference.
Winner: Jacobs via Decision