Where is Chris Eubank Jr. vs Matvey Korobov taking place? Barclays Center, New York City, New York
When is Chris Eubank Jr. vs Matvey Korobov and what time does it start? Sunday 8th December, 2019 – 02:00 approx (UK)
What TV channel is Chris Eubank Jr. vs Matvey Korobov on? Showtime (US)
Where can I stream Chris Eubank Jr. vs Matvey Korobov? Viewers in the US can stream the fight via the Showtime website and you can sign up for a free trial here.
Where can I get tickets for Chris Eubank Jr. vs Matvey Korobov?
CHRIS EUBANK JR.
- After his decision loss to George Groves, Chris Eubank Jr. bounced back with two wins and is coming off his best career performance in earning a unanimous decision over bitter rival James DeGale.
- Eubank Jr. drops back down to middleweight and will have the size and reach advantage over Korobov as he looks to settle in the division where he feels he belongs.
- Eubank Jr. fights for the first time in the US, having fought once in Saudi Arabia, Germany and Denmark and the rest of his career in the UK.
- Korobov's last six fights have all gone to a decision and he is coming off a loss to Jermall Charlo and a draw against Immanuwel Aleem.
- Korobov is an experienced southpaw with a very successful amateur career, winning gold medals at the World Championships (2005 and 2007) European Championships (2006) as well as gold at the World Cup in 2005.
- This will be Korobov’s fourth title fight as he and Eubank Jr. fight for the vacant interim WBA middleweight title. Korobov lost to Jermall Charlo in 2018 for the WBC interim title, Andy Lee in 2014 for the WBO and beat Jose Uzcategui in his fight prior to Lee to win the WBO Inter-Continental middleweight title.
This will be a tough fight for Eubank Jr. but his wins over DeGale and JJ McDonagh is perfect preparation for Korobov as they are also southpaws. As long as the weight cut goes smoothly, Eubank Jr. should be able to leverage his size and reach whilst maintaining his speed and power to overwhelm Korobov and earn the decision.
Winner: Eubank Jr. via Decision