Where is Alex Dilmaghani vs Francisco Fonseca taking place? York Hall, Bethnal Green, London
When is Alex Dilmaghani vs Francisco Fonseca and what time does it start? Saturday 16th November, 2019 – 21:00 (UK)
What TV channel is Alex Dilmaghani vs Francisco Fonseca? Channel 5 & 5Spike
Where can I stream Alex Dilmaghani vs Francisco Fonseca? This fight can be streamed via the tvplayer app
Are tickets still available for Alex Dilmaghani vs Francisco Fonseca?
Tickets can be purchased at https://myfighttickets.com/
- Dilmaghani has not lost in nearly nine years and won 14 fights since his first loss back in 2011, with a ‘no contest’ against Laramie Carmona breaking up the winning streak. He has looked sensational in his last three fights in particular, finishing Andy Almendras, Christian Arrazola and Martin Parlagi.
- Dilmaghani fights for the vacant super featherweight title after this bout had to be rescheduled when Fonseca fell ill just before the ring walk.
- Dilmaghani is a very talented southpaw and has gained priceless experience in Mexico and Canada where he has been improving with every fight. He is aggressive with great defence and attacks the body very well.
- Fonseca has bounced back very well after suffering the second loss of his career. This was a unanimous decision against Tevin Farmer last year but in his three fights this year, Fonseca has finished Stanley Mendez, Robin Zamora and David Bency.
- These two were scheduled to fight last month in Bolton but Fonseca fell ill just before the ring walk and with the advice of the doctors, withdrew from the fight much to the disappointment of him, Dilmaghani and the fans.
- Fonseca is a very powerful super featherweight, finishing 19 of his 25 wins via knockout. He has great experience against top competition fighting for a title twice already and will be Dilmaghani’s toughest opponent so far.
This should be the toughest fight of Dilmaghani’s career so far and he has had to adapt mentally to the original fight falling through in the last minute. Fonseca's preparations have been worse though, especially as he fights for the first time on foreign soil and this may impact his performance.
Dilmaghani is expected to start strong and press the action. They both have the cardio to keep up an impressive output until the 12th round but Dilmaghani is expected to land more often attacking the body. If he can can avoid the power shots, he should walk away with a decision at least.
Winner: Dilmaghani via Decision