2019-20 NBA – Washington Wizards @ Dallas Mavericks Preview & Pick
When is Washington Wizards @ Dallas Mavericks taking place? Thursday 24th October, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Washington Wizards @ Dallas Mavericks taking place? American Airlines Center
What television channel is Washington Wizards @ Dallas Mavericks on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Washington Wizards @ Dallas Mavericks? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Washington Wizards @ Dallas Mavericks? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Washington Wizards 132 – 123 Dallas Mavericks
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Wizards had a poor season during the 2018-19 campaign and while they finished in 11th place of the Eastern Conference, they lost 50 games. Injuries played a role in their awful season, however, as they were without All-Star guard John Wall during most of the campaign.
- Washington lost Trevor Ariza, Jabari Parker, Jeff Green and Dwight Howard during the offseason, but added some decent pieces such as Isaiah Thomas, Davis Bertans, Ish Smith and C.J. Miles. One player to watch will be rookie Rui Hachimura, who was chosen with the ninth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft.
- Expectations aren’t high for the Wizards entering the 2019-20 season. Wall won’t be available during most of the year, so Bradley Beal will carry most of the scoring load – if he isn’t traded before the start of the campaign. Given their strength of their roster, they don’t look like a playoff contender.
- The Mavericks couldn’t reach the playoffs during Dirk Nowitzki’s final season in the NBA, as Dallas finished the 2018-19 regular season in 14th place of the Western Conference with a 33-49 record. One of their lone bright spots was the play of Luka Doncic, however, who was named as the Rookie of the Year after averaging 21.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game.
- Dallas kept most of their players in free agency, although they will likely miss Trey Burke and long-time franchise legend Dirk Nowitzki, who retired. Seth Curry and Boban Marjanovic are good additions from the free agent market, while they also added Delon Wright and re-signed J.J. Barea.
- The Mavs should be a better team ahead of the 2019-20 season since their second All-Star calibre player, Kristaps Porzingis, will be available after missing the entire 2018-19 campaign. He and Doncic are expected to carry Dallas back into the playoffs, and they should be in the mix for a postseason spot in a crowded Western Conference.
Both teams struggled badly during the 2018-19 season, but things are expected to be different ahead of the this campaign, at least for the Mavericks. Dallas will benefit from playing at home, and are likely to begin the new season with a strong performance and a win in front of their own crowd.