2019-20 NBA – Portland Trail Blazers @ Milwaukee Bucks Preview & Pick
When is Portland Trail Blazers @ Milwaukee Bucks taking place? Friday 22nd November, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Portland Trail Blazers @ Milwaukee Bucks taking place? Fiserv Form
What channel is Portland Trail Blazers @ Milwaukee Bucks on? NBC Sports Northwest (Portland), Fox Sports Wisconsin (Milwaukee), TNT (USA)
Where can I stream Portland Trail Blazers @ Milwaukee Bucks? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO, NBC Sports App
Where can I get tickets for Portland Trail Blazers @ Milwaukee Bucks? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Portland Trail Blazers 100 – 143 Milwaukee Bucks
THE TEAM NEWS
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
- The Blazers’ season has been a massive disappointment and they have been one of the worst teams in the Western Conference so far. Following a 115-104 defeat against the New Orleans Pelicans the last time out, Portland now sit in 14th place of the Western Conference standings with a putrid 5-10 record. Plus, they have gone 1-4 in their last five games and enter this contest on a two-game losing streak.
- To make things even more complicated for the Blazers, they will be without their star point guard in Damian Lillard, who is dealing with a back injury. Hassan Whiteside (hip) and Anfernee Simmons (ankle) are both questionable and should be game-time decisions. Jusuf Nurkic (leg) and Zach Collins (shoulder) are long-term absentees.
- With Lillard ruled out, Portland’s scoring load should fall almost entirely on C.J. McCollum’s shoulders. The shooting guard is averaging 21.3 points per game this season, although he is struggling from the field since he’s making only 42.3 percent of his field goal attempts.
- The Bucks have looked quite good in recent weeks and they are coming off a huge 135-127 win over the Atlanta Hawks this past Wednesday. That win pushed Milwaukee to the top of the Eastern Conference standings with a 11-3 record. They are also riding a five-game winning streak, while going 9-1 over their last 10 games.
- Milwaukee only have one injury concern, although it’s a big one since they won’t have Khris Middleton available for this game. The team’s undisputed second offensive option behind Giannis Antetokounmpo, Middleton is dealing with a quadriceps injury and won’t return until early December at the earliest.
- Milwaukee’s player to watch here should be Antetokounmpo. The reigning MVP is posting another impressive season, and he is averaging a career-high 30.5 points per game to go along with 13.8 rebounds and 6.0 assists (both career-best marks as well) per contest.
The form splits between these two sides is quite telling – while the Blazers have been one of the worst teams in the Western Conference, the Bucks are one of the top units in the East and are also riding an impressive five-game winning run. Plus, Milwaukee play at home here where they have gone 3-1 while winning each of their last three games. This is a tough matchup for Portland even if they were at full strength, but the absence of Damian Lillard should complicate things even further. Expect Milwaukee to get the win here.