2019-20 NBA – Portland Trail Blazers @ Memphis Grizzlies Preview & Pick
When is Portland Trail Blazers @ Memphis Grizzlies taking place? Thursday 13th February, 2020 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Portland Trail Blazers @ Memphis Grizzlies taking place? FedExForum
What channel is Portland Trail Blazers @ Memphis Grizzlies on? Fox Sports Southeast, Blazers Pass, NBCSNW
Where can I stream Portland Trail Blazers @ Memphis Grizzlies? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO, NBC Sports App
Where can I get tickets for Portland Trail Blazers @ Memphis Grizzlies? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Portland Trail Blazers 116 – 89 Memphis Grizzlies
THE TEAM NEWS
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
- The Trail Blazers suffered a disappointing 138-117 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans to continue an inconsistent run of six games where they have traded wins and losses on an alternate basis.
- No other team in the league is as depleted as the Blazers right now, with Rodney Hood out of the season and Jusuf Nurkic and Zack Collins both weeks away from recovering. Mario Hezonja and Nassr Little are both questionable and should be treated as game-time decisions.
- Damian Lillard has been one of the hottest players in the NBA over the last few weeks and has scored at least 20 points in all but one game since the start of January. He has seven double-doubles and one triple-double during that span. The star point guard is averaging 32.2 points and 8.5 assists per game in six February games to date.
- The Grizzlies bounced back from a loss against the Philadelphia 76ers with a 106-99 win over the Washington Wizards and as a result, Memphis have won three of their last four games while going 3-2 in their last five. They are in control of the eighth and final seed for the Western Conference Playoffs with a 27-26 record.
- Memphis are missing two defensive specialists ahead of this game with Justise Winslow and Grayson Allen ruled out due to back and hip injuries, respectively. Both are expected to return after the All-Star break.
- Rookie sensation Ja Morant is coming off a triple-double against the Wizards in his previous performance. Morant is averaging 18.8 points, 6.5 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game in four February contests to date.
The Blazers have struggled with consistency all season long, and their 3-3 form over their last six games is the best example of that situation. Memphis are playing far above their pre-season expectations and surely belong in the playoff race based on what they have done over the last few weeks. Comparing the Grizzlies' decent home form, where they own a 15-13 record and three straight wins, to the Blazers’ road struggles, 10-19 with three straight losses, suggests Memphis can claim a golden chance to take another game off the ninth-placed team in the standings.