2019-20 NBA – Portland Trail Blazers @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is Portland Trail Blazers @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Friday 8th November, 2019 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Portland Trail Blazers @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Portland Trail Blazers @ Los Angeles Clippers on? TNT (USA)
Where can I stream Portland Trail Blazers @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, or bet365 where applicable
Where can I get tickets for Portland Trail Blazers @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Portland Trail Blazers 125 – 104 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
- The Trail Blazers have not started the season as well as they would have liked as they are currently riding a two-game losing streak, and have dropped three of their last four games following a 127-118 loss at the Golden State Warriors the last time out.
- Portland will enter this game with a depleted frontcourt as Pau Gasol has been listed as day-to-day with a foot injury, but he could return to action soon. The same can’t be said about Jusuf Nurkic and Zach Collins, though, as both will be out until 2020 at the earliest with lower leg and shoulder injuries, respectively.
- Damian Lillard is Portland’s biggest star and through the first seven games of the season, he has shown why. The star point guard currently averages 31.1 points, 7.3 assists and 1.3 steals per game, pacing the squad in all three categories.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers (5-3) have been as good as advertised in pre-season, although they are coming off a 129-124 defeat against the Milwaukee Bucks. That loss against one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference ended a two-game winning streak for Doc Rivers’ men.
- Star forward Paul George remains out due to a shoulder injury, but recent reports have indicated he could return as soon as next week. Kawhi Leonard was rested in the previous game, but he is expected to return to the lineup here.
- Leonard is undoubtedly the player to watch here, especially after coming off a scheduled day off. The 2018-19 Finals MVP currently averages 29.3 points, 7.3 rebounds and 5.7 assists in 30.5 minutes per game.
The Clippers might be coming off a loss against the Bucks, but Milwaukee rank as one of the top teams in the league and should be considered as a bonafide title contender. The Blazers, on the other hand, not only enter this game on a two-game losing streak but they have also allowed over 120 points in each of those two defeats. Expect the Clippers to bounce back with a strong performance and a win against a Portland that hasn’t been able to find their groove seven games into the season.