When is Philadelphia 76ers @ Orlando Magic taking place? Thursday 14th November, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia 76ers @ Orlando Magic taking place? Amway Center
What channel is Philadelphia 76ers @ Orlando Magic on? Fox Sports Florida, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBA TV
Where can I stream Philadelphia 76ers @ Orlando Magic? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia 76ers @ Orlando Magic? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia 76ers 98 – 119 Orlando Magic
THE TEAM NEWS
- The 76ers remain one of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference and while they endured a three-game losing streak last week, they have quickly turned things around with back-to-back wins. They are coming off a 98-97 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers the last time out and sit in fifth place on the East with a 7-3 record, albeit tied with four other teams.
- Philadelphia do not have injured players ahead of this contest, although Al Horford has been listed as day-to-day since he received a rest during Tuesday’s match-up. Ben Simmons had been dealing with a shoulder injury, but he is recovered already. The main doubt remains on whether the Australian will return to the starting unit, or if Furkan Korkmaz will continue.
- Joel Embiid could be rested ahead of this game since it’s the second contest of a back-to-back, so Simmons should be the one to watch. The Australian point guard looked impressive on his return to action, tallying 15 points, six assists, five rebounds, two blocks and two steals in only 35 minutes of action.
- The Magic are coming off a 109-102 loss against the Indiana Pacers this past Monday which represents their fourth loss in their last five matches. Orlando own a poor 3-7 record so far this season and already sit near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings.
- Melvin Frazier has been listed as day-to-day due to personal reasons and could return ahead of this contest. Chuma Okeke, on the other hand, is out for the season with a knee injury. Neither player has played much of a role for the Magic of late, however, so neither should represent a big weakening for them.
- Nikola Vucevic will be the Magic’s biggest threat on the offensive end of the court. The Montenegrin center has four straight double-doubles and while his overall numbers remain down from last season’s figures, he seems to have left his slow start to the season behind him. The 29-year-old currently averages 17.1 points and 11.5 rebounds per game.
At least on paper, the Sixers look like the better team and shouldn’t have issues to come out on top here. Philadelphia score 109.7 points per game and although they have topped the 110-point mark just once over their last five games, they have a plethora of offensive resources to create havoc on opposing defences. Meanwhile, though Orlando concede 99.3 points on average while they score 98.1 per game, the lowest mark in the entire league. That lack of firepower should conspire against them, and the Sixers should take advantage of that to cruise their way towards a win.