2019-20 NBA – Philadelphia 76ers @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is Philadelphia 76ers @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Sunday 1st March, 2020 – 20:30 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia 76ers @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Philadelphia 76ers @ Los Angeles Clippers on? ABC, TSN3
Where can I stream Philadelphia 76ers @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia 76ers @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia 76ers 110 – 103 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The 76ers cannot seem to find any sort of consistency and while they are coming off a 115-106 win over the New York Knicks, they have gone 2-2 in their last four games and 6-4 in their last ten. They currently sit in fifth place of the Eastern Conference standings with a 37-23 record.
- Philadelphia are severely affected by injuries ahead of this contest, as their two best players – Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid – have been ruled out through injury. Both will be re-evaluated in the coming week, but things are not looking good for them.
- Tobias Harris should be the one likely to step up in absence of both Simmons and Embiid. The former Orlando Magic star is coming off a 34-point performance in Philadelphia’s previous game, and he is averaging 17.8 points per game while shooting 45.4% from the field in 11 games this month.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers endured a three-game losing streak earlier this month, but they have left that bad run of results in the rear view. Following a 132-103 win over the Denver Nuggets on Friday, the California-based franchise now have won three straight and sit in second place of the Western Conference standings with a 40-19 record.
- The Clippers do not have injuries to report ahead of this contest. Names such as Patrick Beverley and Paul George might be under a minute restriction due to their recent injuries, but Doc Rivers should have everyone available ahead of this matchup.
- Kawhi Leonard will always be the name to watch on the Clippers, but George is coming off a solid performance on Friday against the Nuggets and deserves some praise as well. The veteran wing posted 24 points and four rebounds while going 9-15 from the field in the win over another Western Conference contender.
This game could easily be a playoff-calibre matchup if both teams were at full strength, but that will not be the case here since the Sixers will miss their best two players in Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. If we also include the fact that Philadelphia have been inconsistent while the Clippers are coming off three straight wins – while at home and playing at full strength – then there is no question the California-based franchise should be favourite to secure another win here.