When is Oklahoma City Thunder @ Utah Jazz taking place? Thursday 24th October, 2019 – 02:00 (UK)
Where is Oklahoma City Thunder @ Utah Jazz taking place? Vivint Smart Home Arena
What television channel is Oklahoma City Thunder @ Utah Jazz on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Oklahoma City Thunder @ Utah Jazz? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Oklahoma City Thunder @ Utah Jazz? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Oklahoma City Thunder 98 – 89 Utah Jazz
THE TEAM NEWS
OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
- The Thunder finished the regular season with the sixth-best record in the Western Conference thanks to a 49-33 mark. However, they lost in the first round of the playoffs to the Portland Trail Blazers (4-1).
- Oklahoma City must be one of the most-changed teams during the offseason. They lost their two All-Star calibre players, Russell Westbrook and Paul George, as well as Patrick Patterson and Markieff Morris, but ended with Chris Paul, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Danilo Gallinari, among others.
- The expectations are not high for the Thunder ahead of the 2019-20 season. There is uncertainty on whether Chris Paul will be with the team on Opening Night but regardless of that they are heavily expected to rebuild, so making the playoffs won’t be a realistic target for them.
- The Jazz were the fifth-best team in the Western Conference during the 2018-19 season and ended with a 50-32 record. However, they couldn’t get past the first round of the 2019 NBA Playoffs after losing 1-4 to the Houston Rockets.
- Utah did not extend Ricky Rubio and lost Raul Neto, Kyle Korver and Derrick Favors in free agency, but they added Ed Davis, Jeff Green and Bojan Bogdanovic as well as several rookies from the 2019 NBA Draft.
- The Jazz will have the same core from last season, although they should have a bit more depth while also upgrading the backcourt with the arrival of Mike Conley Jr. and Emmanuel Mudiay. Undoubtedly, Utah should remain as a playoff contender ahead of the 2019-20 season.
The Thunder will commit to a rebuilding process during the 2018-19 season, while the Jazz will try to open the season with a win at home, looking to show the fans they will aim to remain in the playoff hunt next season. Considering there’s a gulf of difference between both sides, Utah should be a good bet to be a favourite ahead of the 2019-20 Opening Night.