When is New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs taking place? Thursday 24th October, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs taking place? AT&T Center
What television channel is New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Knicks 83 – 109 San Antonio Spurs
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK KNICKS
- The Knicks were the worst team in the NBA last season after finishing with an awful 17-65 record. They had the second-worst attack and the fourth-worst defence in the Eastern Conference, going some way to explaining why they couldn’t even crack the 20-win mark.
- The Knicks couldn’t sign any of the top free agents they had in mind this summer, but still added some interesting pieces such as Julius Randle, Wayne Ellington, Marcus Morris, Elfrid Payton and Reggie Bullock. They also chose R.J. Barrett with the third pick in the 2019 NBA Draft, but that still looks as an underwhelming haul when the expectation was to sign someone like Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving or Jimmy Butler.
- There are not many expectations regarding what the Knicks can do, especially after an awful showing in the free agency period. The Knicks might not be the worst team in the East for the second straight year, but it would be shocking if they find themselves near the playoff zone.
SAN ANTONIO SPURS
- The Spurs lost Kawhi Leonard and added DeMar DeRozan before the 2018-19 season, but Gregg Popovich still found a way to carry the franchise into the playoffs as San Antonio ended the campaign in seventh place of the Western Conference with a 48-34 record. However, they lost in the first round of the playoffs against the Denver Nuggets (3-4).
- San Antonio re-signed Rudy Gay, and added both DeMarre Carroll and Trey Lyles as free agents. They also chose Luka Samanic in the first round of the 2019 NBA Draft. They didn’t suffer major losses during the offseason apart from Davis Bertans, who joined the Washington Wizards.
- The Spurs made only a few moves ahead of the upcoming season and will remain with their current core, although the addition of Dejounte Murray should be a huge plus. The Spurs are no longer the class of the Conference as they once were, but should be good enough to find themselves in the playoff mix once again next season.
There is a gulf of difference when it comes to quality in comparing these two teams. With the Knicks at least one year away from even trying to compete. Add to that the home court advantage and San Antonio should be considered heavy favourites to begin the 2019-20 campaign with a comprehensive win in front of their own fans.