When is New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers on? Spectrum Sportsnet, MSG
Where can I stream New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Knicks 124 – 123 Los Angeles Lakers
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK KNICKS
- The Knicks are coming off a 135-132 loss against Los Angeles Clippers, and a loss against the Phoenix Suns before that, so they enter this matchup on a two-game losing streak. That said, that ended a three-game winning run, so the Knicks are 3-2 in their last five.
- New York could be without two point guards ahead of this match as both Dennis Smith Jr. and Elfrid Payton have been listed as questionable ahead of this contest, and will be game-time decisions here.
- Former Laker Julius Randle should be the player to watch for the Knicks. The six-year forward seems to be turning things around after a slow start to the 2019-20 season, and he is currently averaging 21.9 points, 9.9 rebounds and 2.7 assists in 32.5 minutes per game over the last 10 games.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers secured a 106-99 win over the Detroit Pistons the last time out and that run pushed the franchise’s winning streak to five games. They had a four-game losing streak prior to that, however, so they seem to have pushed that negative run behind them and they still sit at the top of the standings with a 29-7 record.
- DeMarcus Cousins has been ruled out for almost the entire regular season, so there’s no chance the center will feature here due to an ACL injury. Elsewhere, both Avery Bradley and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope have been listed as game-time decisions.
- LeBron James is always the player to watch for the Lakers, but we can’t forget about Anthony Davis. The talented power forward was just two blocks away from a triple-double Sunday against the Pistons, and he is averaging 28.9 points, 10.0 boards and 2.5 blocks per game over his last eight contests.
The Lakers are the best team in the Western Conference by a wide margin, while the Knicks have been one of the weakest sides in the Eastern Conference for the past few years now. The California-based franchise are the better team on both ends of the court, and it’s unclear how the Knicks could potentially upset them since they seem to struggle on both sides of the ball on a semi-regular basis. Expect the Lakers to cruise their way towards a comfortable win here.