2019-20 NBA – New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Sunday 5th January, 2020 – 20:30 (UK)
Where is New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers on? Fox Sports Prime Ticket, MSG Network
Where can I stream New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New York Knicks 113 – 124 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW YORK KNICKS
- The Knicks might be coming off a 120-112 loss against the Phoenix Suns last time out but that defeat snapped a three-game winning run for one of the worst teams in the NBA this season. Owners of a 3-2 mark in their last five contests, but 5-5 over their last 10, the Knicks remain near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings (14th place) with a 10-25 record.
- New York do not have any confirmed absentees but they will have two questionable players ahead of this match. Point guards Dennis Smith Jr. (oblique) and Elfrid Payton (personal) will both be game-time decisions for Sunday’s tilt, but neither look very promising to play.
- One player to keep an eye on for the Knicks is Julius Randle. The power forward has double-doubles in his last three games and he is currently averaging 21.7 points and 14.0 rebounds over that span. He has scored 20 or more points in five of his last six games.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers are coming off one of their worst performances of the 2019-20 NBA season since they suffered a 140-114 home loss against the Memphis Grizzlies. However, they are 3-2 in their last five contests and they currently sit fourth in the Western Conference standings thanks to a 25-12 record.
- Los Angeles might be without two solid rotation pieces ahead of this contest as both Patrick Beverley and Paul George missed Saturday’s game against Memphis and should be listed as questionable ahead of this contest.
- Kawhi Leonard should have an even bigger load to carry on offense if Paul George is out. The star forward is coming off a 24-point effort during Saturday’s loss against the Grizzlies and he is averaging 25.6 points and 7.0 rebounds per game over his last 10 contests.
The Clippers’ supremacy over the Knicks in recent years has been palpable as they have won five of their last six meetings during the regular season. Los Angeles are also the better team on paper and have gotten far better results during the course of the campaign. The Knicks might have a 5-5 record over their last 10 games and the Clippers could be coming off a loss where they allowed 140 points against the lowly Grizzlies, but Doc Rivers’ men should be primed for a bounce-back performance. Expect the Clippers to turn things around while securing a comfortable win here, as can be evidenced by their 15-4 mark at home and the Knicks’ awful 5-13 road mark.