2019-20 NBA – New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trail Blazers Preview & Pick
When is New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trail Blazers taking place? Saturday 22nd February, 2020 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trail Blazers taking place? Moda Center
What channel is New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trail Blazers on? ESPN, NBC Sports Northwest, Fox Sports New Orleans
Where can I stream New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trail Blazers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, WatchESPN, NBC Sports App, Fox Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trail Blazers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New Orleans Pelicans 138 – 117 Portland Trail Blazers
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW ORLEANS PELICANS
- The Pelicans might have suffered a loss in their previous game before the All-Star break but that 123-118 defeat to Oklahoma City Thunder ended a three-game winning streak for them. They are in 11th place of the Western Conference standings with a 23-32 record, but they seem to be trending in the right direction of late.
- Darius Miller suffered a setback in his recovery and it has been announced that he will miss the remainder of the season. Kenrich Williams and Brandon Ingram have both been listed as questionable, and both should be game-time decisions here.
- Zion Williamson has lived up to the hype so far and the rookie sensation should be New Orleans’ player to watch here. After missing the first few months of the season, Williamson has now played 10 games and is averaging 22.1 points per run-out while shooting an impressive 57.6 percent from the field.
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
- The injury-hit Portland Trail Blazers have dropped three of their last four games while going 2-3 over their last five contests. They are in ninth place of the Western Conference standings with a 25-31 mark but they remain very much alive in the race for a playoff berth.
- Star point guard Damian Lillard has been ruled out of this game as a precautionary move, while Mario Hezonja and Nasir Little should be listed as questionable. Jusuf Nurkic, Zach Collins and Rodney Hood are all out, the latter for the remainder of the season.
- C.J. McCollum will have to step it up while Lillard is out, and he should be Portland’s main scoring threat in this game. He is averaging 21.3 points per game this season and, if he can keep it up, that would give him five straight seasons scoring over 20 points per game.
The Pelicans are trending in the proper direction while the Blazers are slowly falling apart of late, so New Orleans should be listed as favourites here. Furthermore, the Blazers will be without Damian Lillard and that should benefit a Pelicans team that seem to be peaking as Zion Williamson is settling as a starter. The Pelicans can take another step towards the Top 8 with a comfortable win here, extending their current three-game winning run in games against Portland dating back to last season.