2019-20 NBA – New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks Preview & Pick
When is New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks taking place? Saturday 7th December, 2019 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks taking place? American Airlines Center
What channel is New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks on? Fox Sports Southwest, Fox Sports New Orleans
Where can I stream New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? New Orleans Pelicans 97 – 118 Dallas Mavericks
THE TEAM NEWS
NEW ORLEANS PELICANS
- The Pelicans have been one of the league’s worst defensive teams this season, and the results have backed up that statement. They are coming off a 139-132 overtime loss against the Phoenix Suns, and that pushed their losing run to seven games. As a result, they sit in 14th place of the Western Conference with an abysmal 6-16 record.
- Darius Miller has been ruled out for most of the regular season due to an Achilles injury, and Zion Williamson has also been ruled out since his recovery has been longer than expected. Derrick Favors will likely be a game-time call due to personal reasons, and the same can be said about Brandon Ingram, who carries an eye injury ahead of this contest.
- Veteran sharpshooter J.J. Redick should be someone to watch, as he has been one of New Orleans’ most consistent offensive threats of late. Redick has scored in double figures in each of his last 13 games, averaging 19.4 points on 48.7 percent shooting from three-point range over that span.
- If the Pelicans are struggling, then the Mavericks are clearly surging. Dallas are coming off a 121-114 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday and that result pushed their winning streak to four games. They currently sit in fourth place of the Western Conference standings with a 15-6 record.
- The Mavericks do not list any confirmed absentees ahead of this contest, but they do have one questionable player since Dwight Powell is dealing with an arm injury. His involvement in this match will be a game-time call for the coaching staff.
- Luka Doncic has been in thrilling form this season, and he is currently averaging a robust line of 32.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 9.2 assists per game over his last 10 appearances. He is one of the league’s MVP candidates following the first weeks of the season.
One of the Pelicans’ biggest problems this season has been their defence, and they have averaged 121.2 points against per game during their seven-game losing streak, while the Mavericks are scoring 114.7 per game during their recent four-game winning run. Dallas already defeated New Orleans by a 21-point margin recently, and they should be listed as massive favourites once again. They are playing at home, enter this game on a better run of form, and it seems New Orleans simply do not have the weapons to stop Luka Doncic at the moment.