2019-20 NBA – Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Saturday 1st February, 2020 – 20:30 (UK)
Where is Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers on? Fox Sports Prime Ticket, Fox Sports North, TSN3
Where can I stream Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for Minnesota Timberwolves @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Timberwolves 117 – 124 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
- It seems Minnesota can’t stop their losing run even when they commit fully until the end of a game. The Timberwolves registered an incredible 133-129 overtime loss against the Sacramento Kings the last time out, and that result extended their losing run to 10 games.
- The Timberwolves do not have confirmed absentees ahead of this contest, although they do have two names under the questionable tag. These are Allen Crabbe and Jake Layman, but neither should be a starter even when they are fully fit.
- Andrew Wiggins has been Minnesota’s most consistent player this season and he is coming off a 36-point performance Monday against the Sacramento Kings. That said, he ended January averaging only 19.2 points per game although he shot 45.5 percent from the field over that span.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers enter this game following a 124-103 loss to the Sacramento Kings and now they have lost two of their last five games. However, that shouldn’t change the fact that the California-based franchise has been one of the top teams in the Western Conference all season long as they currently sit in second place of the West standings with a 33-15 record.
- The Clippers have listed star forward Kawhi Leonard as questionable for this game due to a back injury, but he’s widely expected to play. The same goes for Derrick Walton and Mfiondu Kabengele but neither are expected to have a sizeable role in the rotation even if healthy.
- While Leonard and Paul George are the team’s unquestionable star players, fans must take notice of what Montrezl Harrell has been doing. The big man scored more than 10 points in every game this month and racked up two double-doubles during that span. He ended January averaging 21.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.3 blocked shots over 13 games.
At this point, it’s fair to consider the Timberwolves to be one of the biggest disappointments of the season as they have been seriously under-performing. The Clippers remain a bonafide title contender, and also have the edge of playing at home where they own a 19-5 record. If we also consider the Timberwolves enter this game while riding a 10-game losing streak, then the Clippers should bulldoze their way to the win.