2019-20 NBA – Minnesota Timberwolves @ Brooklyn Nets Preview & Pick
When is Minnesota Timberwolves @ Brooklyn Nets taking place? Thursday 24th October, 2019 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Minnesota Timberwolves @ Brooklyn Nets taking place? Barclays Center
What television channel is Minnesota Timberwolves @ Brooklyn Nets on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Minnesota Timberwolves @ Brooklyn Nets? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Minnesota Timberwolves @ Brooklyn Nets? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Timberwolves 112 – 102 Brooklyn Nets
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Timberwolves entered the 2018-19 season with lofty expectations and a realistic chance to make the playoffs, but they failed miserably and ended being one of the league’s most disappointing teams. Minnesota finished the campaign in 11th place of the Western Conference with a 36-46 record, 12.0 games back from a postseason berth.
- Minnesota lost players such as Taj Gibson, Jarred Bayless and Derrick Rose, although the former MVP will probably end up being the team’s lone sizable miss for the upcoming season. They picked Jarrett Culver with the sixth overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft and the fact that their biggest free agency additions were Jordan Bell and Shabazz Napier speaks volumes of the franchise’s little activity on the market.
- It’s hard to imagine what the Wolves can do this season. They have an All-NBA player in Karl-Anthony Towns and a proven scorer in Andrew Wiggins, but not much more than that. Considering how strong the Western Conference looks ahead of the 2019-20 season, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Timberwolves fail to make the playoffs once again.
- The Nets were a dark horse for many pundits to make the playoffs in the 2018-19 season, and that’s exactly what happened since they finished in sixth place of the Eastern Conference with a 42-40 record. However, they were eliminated in the first round of the postseason at the hands of the Philadelphia 76ers (4-1).
- No team in the league strengthened more than the Brooklyn Nets during the offseason, as they added Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, DeAndre Jordan, Wilson Chandler, Taurean Prince and Garrett Temple. They lost D’Angelo Russell and DeMarre Carroll, Jared Dudley and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, but the additions should represent a considerable upgrade over the departures.
- Kevin Durant’s injury changes Brooklyn’s projections for the 2019-20 season; with him, they would be a legitimate title contender but without him, they still look like a potential playoff contender. Brooklyn have enough depth and talent to aim at a Top-4 finish in the Eastern Conference during the upcoming season.
The Timberwolves have a roster that has been playing together for a longer span, but there is no question the Nets have the better team on paper, especially after adding players such as Irving, Jordan and the unfortunately injured Durant. Expect the Nets to deliver a strong start to the season with a solid win in front of their own crowd.