When is Memphis Grizzlies @ Miami Heat taking place? Thursday 24th October, 2019 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Memphis Grizzlies @ Miami Heat taking place? American Airlines Arena
What television channel is Memphis Grizzlies @ Miami Heat on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Memphis Grizzlies @ Miami Heat? Streaming details will appear here shortly
Where can I get tickets for Memphis Grizzlies @ Miami Heat? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Memphis Grizzlies 108 – 112 Miami Heat
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Grizzlies were one of the few teams that were rebuilding in the Western Conference last season, and it showed in their play since they never had a real shot at making the playoffs. Their record certainly backs that up, as they ended the 2018-19 campaign with a 33-49 mark.
- The Grizzlies lost veteran point guard Mike Conley Jr., Delon Wright, Justin Holiday and Avery Bradley, but added some decent young players. They selected Brandon Clarke – the MVP in the Summer League – and Ja Morant during the 2019 NBA Draft and also signed Marko Guduric, Josh Jackson and Tyus Jones.
- It’s hard to imagine the Grizzlies making a playoff push for the upcoming season. Even though they have some solid pieces all over the roster, this is a young squad that needs to gel and develop. They should finish near the bottom of the standings once again, but have quality and certainly appear to be on the right track.
- The Heat were in the playoff mix until the final days of the 2018-19 regular season, but they fell short and ultimately finished out of the postseason with a 39-43 record, good for 10th in the Eastern Conference.
- Miami managed to sign one of the top free agents in the open market when they acquired Jimmy Butler, but they also secured the services of Meyers Leonard and chose Tyler Herro with the 13th overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. They lost a few important players, however, such as Hassan Whiteside and Josh Richardson, while Dwyane Wade retired.
- Miami are automatically improved with the arrival of Butler, but whether that is enough to make the playoffs in a surprisingly competitive Eastern Conference remains to be seen. They should definitely be in the mix for a postseason berth, though.
Memphis will be a tough team to beat and could easily run Miami off the court with their pace, but the Heat are a more experienced team that also appear to be better assembled on both ends of the court. That should be enough for Miami to win here, who may be lucky to have met Memphis so early on.