2019-20 NBA – Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Saturday 4th January, 2020 – 20:30 (UK)
Where is Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Clippers on? Fox Sports Prime Ticket, Fox Sports South East - Memphis
Where can I stream Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO, SN Now
Where can I get tickets for Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Memphis Grizzlies 119 – 121 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Grizzlies are coming off a 128-123 loss against the Sacramento Kings and that result further extended their inconsistent run – they have dropped three of their last five games, and five of their last 10. Memphis currently sit in 13th place of the Western Conference with a 13-22 mark.
- The Grizzlies' lone absentee will be veteran forward Andre Iguodala, although he is not expected to play with the team while he tries to force a trade out of Memphis.
- Ja Morant has been one of Memphis’ most productive players, but Jaren Jackson Jr. has been playing at a high level of late as well. The second-year forward is averaging 19.4 points and 5.3 rebounds while shooting 48.0 percent from the field and 41.2 percent from three-point range over this last seven games, and he posted a 43-point effort as recently as last month.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers are coming off a comfortable 126-112 win over the Detroit Pistons and that result pushed their winning run to two games. They have won three of their last five and Doc Rivers’ men sit in third place of the WC with a 25-11 record.
- Rivers could be without Paul George ahead of this contest as the star forward suffered a hamstring injury against the Pistons, and he should be considered as a game-time decision for this one. Patrick Beverley has already been ruled out due to a wrist problem.
- Kawhi Leonard has been the Clippers’ main scoring threat this season, and he might have an even bigger responsibility on offense if George ends up missing Saturday’s contest. The star forward currently averages 25.3 points, 7.6 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.8 steals in 31.7 minutes per game this season.
These two sides have sat on opposite extremes of the standings all season long and while the Grizzlies have enough talent and intensity to potentially upset most teams in the league, it is unclear how they could matchup against a properly assembled Clippers team that looks considerably stronger on both ends of the court. It’s not going to be an easy game for the Clippers, but Los Angeles should not have major issues in securing the win to extend their H2H record to four straight wins.