When is Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks taking place? Thursday 23rd January, 2019 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks taking place? Madison Square Garden
What channel is Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks on? Spectrum Sportsnet, MSG Network, SN1, ESPN New York
Where can I stream Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, WatchESPN (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Lakers 117 – 87 New York Knicks
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers are coming off one of their worst performances of the season in succumbing to a 139-107 loss to the Boston Celtics. That loss means they have dropped two of their last three games, but they remain at the top of the Western Conference standings with a stellar 34-9 record.
- Both Rajon Rondo and Anthony Davis returned to action against the Boston Celtics on Monday, meaning only Devontae Cook and DeMarcus Cousins remain sidelined. Cook should return sooner than later, while Cousins is expected to return to action in the playoffs at the earliest.
- LeBron James may have scored just 15 points against the Celtics, but he continues to have a strong season while leading the Lakers to the best record in the West. “The King” is averaging 25.2 points, 11.0 assists and 7.6 rebounds per game during the current campaign and leads the league in dimes per game thus far.
NEW YORK KNICKS
- New York snapped their three-game losing streak with a solid 106-86 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers this past Monday but they still have a 2-3 record over their last five games. Furthermore, they remain in 13th place of the Eastern Conference standings with a 12-32 record and remain quite far from a potential playoff berth this season.
- The Knicks could be slightly depleted when it comes to their backcourt depth ahead of this game, with both Dennis Smith Jr. and R.J. Barrett reportedly sidelined due to injuries here. The latter’s absence should hurt the most, though, as he has been one of the few bright spots in an otherwise lost season for the Manhattan-based franchise.
- Former Laker Julius Randle should be the Knicks’ go-to player on offense ahead of this matchup considering Barrett will be out. The power forward has scored in double digits in each of his last 20 games, and he is averaging 21.3 points with 10.0 rebounds per game over that span.
The Lakers might have lost two of their last three games and in their most recent visit to Madison Square Garden last season but there is no doubt that they should be listed as favourites here. LeBron James and Anthony Davis played less than their usual minutes against the Celtics, so they should be properly rested against a struggling Knicks team that has lost three of their last four contests. Los Angeles might not be able to cruise as many believe they can, but they should be able to win here rather comfortably.