2019-20 NBA – Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Wednesday 23rd October, 2019 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What television channel is Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Lakers 122 – 117 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers missed out on the playoffs for the sixth straight season, and the last time they entered the postseason was in 2012-13 when they lost in the first round. The California-based franchise finished the 2018-19 campaign with a 37-45 record, good for 10th place in the Western Conference.
- The Lakers traded for Anthony Davis in a move that sent Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and others to the New Orleans Pelicans and acquired DeMarcus Cousins as a free agent (although he will likely miss the entire season with an ACL injury). The Lakers also signed Danny Green, Quinn Cook, Avery Bradley and Jared Dudley.
- The expectations for the Lakers are quite simple entering the 2019-20 season, and that is to make the playoffs. Led by LeBron James and Davis, the Lakers look like an improved, much more experienced roster than the one they had last season. They could easily finish in the best eight teams in the Western Conference, although it’s uncertain how far they can go given the strength of the Conference as a whole.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers ended the 2018-19 season in eighth place of the Western Conference with a 48-34 record and while they made the playoffs, they suffered a first-round loss in six games against the Golden State Warriors. Despite the loss, many credited the Clippers’ performance since they could have easily won a few more games against the Warriors had a few bounces here and there gone their way.
- The Clippers could easily be considered as one of the “winners” of the offseason in the NBA since they strengthened their roster considerably with the addition of two superstar players such as Kawhi Leonard – the 2019 Finals MVP – and Paul George. The Clippers also added Maurice Harkless and Patrick Patterson, while losing Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Wilson Chandler and Garrett Temple.
- The Clippers are clear title contenders ahead of this season since they already had a competitive roster last term, but adding two superstar, two-way threats such as Leonard and George could put them at the top of the Western Conference’s echelon. They are heavily expected to make a deep postseason run as well.
The rivalry between the Lakers and the Clippers has never been so exciting as it has in the past few years, but this season could make a new chapter between these two fierce foes. Predicting season-opening games is always tough, but the Clippers have a better roster and look far more balanced than the Lakers, so they should be treated as favourites here – even though the game could be quite close.