2019-20 NBA – Los Angeles Lakers @ Golden State Warriors Preview & Pick
When is Los Angeles Lakers @ Golden State Warriors taking place? Friday 28th February, 2020 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Lakers @ Golden State Warriors taking place? Chase Center
What channel is Los Angeles Lakers @ Golden State Warriors on? TNT, Spectrum Sportsnet, TSN5
Where can I stream Los Angeles Lakers @ Golden State Warriors? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Lakers @ Golden State Warriors? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Lakers 125 – 120 Golden State Warriors
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers had to work harder than expected but they ended up securing a big win over the New Orleans Pelicans with a 118-109 score. That result pushed the Lakers' winning run to six games and they remain at the top of the Western Conference standings with a 44-12 record.
- The Lakers have been relatively healthy during most of the season and that is the case once again here. Their latest move regarding personnel was the acquisition of forward Markieff Morris and the departure of DeMarcus Cousins, who was rehabbing from an ACL injury suffered last year.
- LeBron James should be the player to watch once again although that might not be surprising given the kind of season he’s having. James had his first 40-point game of the season and continues to make a huge impact while carrying his side to another win.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
- The Warriors are on the opposite end of the spectrum to the Lakers since they sit in last place of the Western Conference standings with a putrid 12-46 record. As if that wasn't enough, the Warriors have lost each of their last seven league games following their 112-94 loss to the Sacramento Kings.
- The Warriors have listed Draymond Green as questionable due to a pelvis injury but all signs point towards him starting this contest. Star guards Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry remain on track with their recoveries, but neither should be available ahead of this contest.
- One player to keep an eye for the Warriors could be Andrew Wiggins as the former Timberwolves star is coming off a pedestrian 16-point effort in his last game. With Curry and Thompson out, Wiggins should have a sizeable role in the offense moving forward.
This game would have been a dream matchup had the Warriors been healthy but such is not the case here and it seems unlikely they can field a strong team without enough quality players to compete on a nightly basis. They do not want to admit it, but they are tanking in a big way. The Lakers are at the opposite end of the spectrum, however, and want to clinch a playoff spot as soon as possible. LeBron James and company should find themselves untroubled in defeating the Warriors for the third straight time in three games this season.