When is Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston Celtics taking place? Tuesday 21th January, 2019 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston Celtics taking place? TD Garden
What channel is Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston Celtics on? TNT, Spectrum Sportsnet
Where can I stream Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston Celtics? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston Celtics? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Lakers 107 – 120 Boston Celtics
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers suffered an ugly loss to the Orlando Magic last week but they bounced back in their previous contest and enter this game fresh off a 124-115 win over the Houston Rockets. They are 4-1 in their last five games and remain at the top of the Western Conference standings with a 34-8 record.
- Rajon Rondo has been dealing with a fracture and has been ruled out as a result alongside DeMarcus Cousins who is still rehabbing from an ACL injury. Anthony Davis has been listed as questionable due to a back problem.
- LeBron James has been carrying a heavy load due to the absence of Anthony Davis, and that shouldn’t change ahead of this tough matchup. James, who is coming off a 12-assist performance against the Houston Rockets, is currently averaging 25.5 points, 10.9 assists and 7.7 rebounds in 34.9 minutes per contest.
- Boston are trending in the wrong direction of late with their 123-119 loss against the Phoenix Suns pushing their losing streak to three games and they are 2-3 over their last five contests. They have fallen to fourth place of the Eastern Conference standings (27-14) as a result.
- The Celtics will be without center Robert Williams who continues to deal with a hip issue and has been ruled out until February. Two of their top scoring threats have been listed as questionable too, as both Jaylen Brown and Kemba Walker will be game-time decisions for the coaching staff.
- The potential absences of both Walker and Brown should put a heavier load on Jayson Tatum’s shoulders, at least on the offensive side of the ball. The star forward is currently averaging a career-high 21.3 points per game this season, and he is also posting career-high numbers in rebounds (7.0), assists (2.8), steals (1.4) and blocks (0.9) pero game.
These are two of the most iconic franchises in the league but it’s worth noting they are riding opposite runs of form at the moment – the Celtics enter this matchup mired in a three-game losing streak while the Lakers have won four of their last five contests. Both teams could feature major absences here, but it seems the Lakers are better equipped to handle those depth issues, and the Celtics are also going through severe confidence and momentum problems. All signs point towards a win for the Lakers.