2019-20 NBA – Los Angeles Clippers @ Houston Rockets Preview & Pick
When is Los Angeles Clippers @ Houston Rockets taking place? Friday 6th March, 2020 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Clippers @ Houston Rockets taking place? Toyota Center
What channel is Los Angeles Clippers @ Houston Rockets on? TNT, Fox Sports Prime Ticket, TSN4
Where can I stream Los Angeles Clippers @ Houston Rockets? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, FOX Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Clippers @ Houston Rockets? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Clippers 117 – 122 Houston Rockets
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers extended their winning run to five games following a 109-94 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday, and now they have climbed to second place in the Western Conference standings with a 42-19 record. They are 6-4 in their last 10 games.
- Doc Rivers does not have injury concerns ahead of this contest as with Patrick Beverley and Paul George fully recovered from their respective ailments, the former Boston Celtics head coach will have the chance to field his best lineup possible for this thrilling contest.
- Kawhi Leonard has been playing at a high level as Los Angeles’ first option on offense. He is coming off a 25-point effort against the Philadelphia 76ers, and the star forward has scored at least 20 points in eight of his last nine contests.
- The Rockets suffered a disappointing defeat the last time out with a 125-123 away loss to the New York Knicks, a result that snapped their winning run at six games. That said, Houston remain fairly hot with a 7-3 mark in their last 10 games and a 39-21 record during the 2019-20 season.
- Similar to the Clippers, Mike D’Antoni does not have injury concerns ahead of this contest which means he will be able to tweak the lineup as much as he wants in order to find the right matchups against a Clippers team that has a clear advantage in size and interior play.
- We should keep an eye on James Harden ahead of this contest. The star shooting guard has been deadly so far and has scored at least 30 points in four of his last five outings to lead the NBA in scoring with 34.9 points per game.
Undoubtedly, these have been two of the best teams in the Western Conference during the current season and it wouldn’t be a stretch to imagine them meeting once again in a potential second round of the playoffs. Houston rely on their offense due to the presence of Harden and Russell Westbrook but the Clippers have enough weapons to counter with the likes of Leonard and Paul George. Los Angeles, however, have a few advantages when it comes to their size, interior matchup, and overall defence. That should give them an edge in this tightly-contested battle between two Western Conference powerhouses.