2019-20 NBA – Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunder Preview & Pick
When is Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunder taking place? Friday 10th January, 2020 – 02:30 (UK)
Where is Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunder taking place? Chesapeake Energy Arena
What channel is Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunder on? TNT, AT&T SportsNet
Where can I stream Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunder? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Houston Rockets @ Oklahoma City Thunder? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Houston Rockets 116 – 112 Oklahoma City Thunder
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Rockets are coming off a tougher-than-expected 122-115 win over the Hawks and that win pushed their winning streak to three games. They have a 4-1 record over their last five contests, and they sit in third place of the Western Conference standings with a 25-11 record.
- Russell Westbrook did not play against the Hawks but that was a scheduled day off for the star guard, and he will return to the starting unit in this game. Nene Hilario and Gerald Green have both been ruled out, but both players are slated to miss at least a few more weeks before being cleared to return.
- Westbrook did not play Wednesday’s contest against the Hawks, but he should be the player to watch in what’s going to be his return to Chesapeake Energy Arena. The star point guard is enjoying a great season as Houston’s second-best scoring threat, and he is averaging 24.1 points, 7.9 rebounds and 7.0 assists per game this season.
OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
- Oklahoma City are coming off a 111-103 overtime win over the Brooklyn Nets and that result allowed them to get back into the winning ways. Owners of a 4-1 mark over their last five contests, the Thunder currently sit in seventh place of the Western Conference standings thanks to a 21-16 record.
- The Thunder have already ruled out defensive specialist Andre Roberson out for this game, and he is not expected to return until next week at the earliest. Danilo Gallinari and Nerlens Noel, on the other hand, are listed as questionable. Both will be game-time decisions for the coaching staff.
- One player to keep an eye on here is second-year guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who has scored at least 20 points in nine of his last 11 appearances for the Thunder. Entrenched as the team’s starting shooting guard, he is currently averaging 19.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game this season.
Both teams enter this game with a 4-1 record over their last five games, but there’s no question the Rockets are one of the top teams in the Western Conference while the Thunder have arguably been overachieving during most of the campaign. The Thunder currently have no weapons to contain the star duo of Westbrook and James Harden, and the presence of both players should be enough reason to see the Rockets as favourites here despite the fact they will be playing on the road.