2019-20 NBA – Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Saturday 23rd November, 2019 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers on? Fox Sports, ESPN
Where can I stream Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO, WatchESPN
Where can I get tickets for Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Houston Rockets 102 – 93 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Rockets were one of the hottest teams in the NBA entering Wednesday’s action, but they suffered a 105-95 loss against the Denver Nuggets the last time out. That result ended an eight-game winning streak for Houston, but they remain near the top of the Western Conference standings with a 11-4 record. That’s the third-best mark in the West.
- Danuel House has been listed as questionable due to a shoulder injury, and he will be a game-time decision for Mike D’Antoni’s coaching staff. Nene Hilario, Eric Gordon and Gerald Green are all ruled out. Nene and Gordon should return in December, while Green is expected to miss the remainder of the regular season.
- James Harden has scored at least 27 points in each of his last 14 games, and he has been the league’s top scoring threat by a wide margin. He is the undisputed leader of this Houston team, and currently averages a career-best 38.4 points per game despite shooting 42.9 percent from the field and 34.6 percent from three-point range.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers had to work harder than expected to get past the challenge of the Boston Celtics, as they came through with a 107-104 overtime win. With the win, Doc Rivers’ men extended their winning run to three games, and they also improved their season record to 10-5.
- The Clippers should be relatively healthy ahead of this contest, as they will be led by their star duo of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Their lone potential absentee will be Landry Shamet, who is dealing with an ankle injury and will be a game-time decision for this contest.
- Kawhi Leonard should be the Clippers’ player to watch here. The star forward, who missed three games with a knee injury before returning against the Celtics, has been one of the team’s best players on both ends of the court. He is currently averaging 25.8 points, 8.6 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 2.2 steals in 33.0 minutes per game across 10 contests.
These are two of the best teams in the Western Conference, although their trademarks are completely opposite. While the Rockets thrived on the offensive side of the ball, the Clippers rely heavily on their defence with players such as Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Patrick Beverley leading the way. This clash of styles should result in a very tight encounter where neither team is expected to give an inch, although the Clippers should get an edge since they’re playing at home and also look slightly more organised on both ends of the court. Houston would probably rely on their star duo of James Harden and Russell Westbrook to pull the upset.