2019-20 NBA – Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors Preview & Pick
When is Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors taking place? Wednesday 25th December, 2019 – 22:00 (UK)
Where is Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors taking place? Chase Center
What channel is Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors on? ABC
Where can I stream Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Houston Rockets @ Golden State Warriors? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Houston Rockets 129 – 112 Golden State Warriors
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Rockets have dealt with some inconsistencies here and there, but they enter this contest on a strong run of form and they have pushed their winning streak to four games following their 113-104 win over the Sacramento Kings the last time out. Houston sit in third place of the Western Conference with a 21-9 record.
- Houston will be without Eric Gordon, Nene Hilario and Gerald Green, as all three players have been sidelined due to injuries. Defensive specialist Thabo Sefolosha has been listed as questionable due to an illness, and he will be a game-time decision for head coach Mike D’Antoni.
- Keep an eye on James Harden ahead of this contest. The talented shooting guard is averaging a career-high – and NBA-high – 38.6 points per game whilst also dishing out 7.4 assists per contest. He has scored at least 25 points in every single game bar one this season.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
- The Warriors are undoubtedly going through their best run of form in what has been a difficult season, as they are on a short two-game winning run following their 113-104 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. That said, they still own the worst record in the Western Conference thanks to a 7-24 mark.
- Golden State will miss their two top players since both Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson are out through injury – both players are expected to return near March at the earliest. Glenn Robinson III, meanwhile, is questionable and will be a game-time decision due to an ankle injury.
- Star guard D’Angelo Russell has been one of Golden State’s most productive players this season. He is coming off a 30-point performance the last time out, and is currently averaging a career-high 22.4 points per contest while also dishing out 6.2 assists per game.
This matchup between Golden State and Houston was expected to be a marquee contest during pre-season, but no one would have expected the Warriors to be this shorthanded two months into the season. Houston have been far better overall, they enter this game on a four-game winning streak, and should be able to secure the win here against a depleted Warriors team.