2019-20 NBA – Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers Preview & Pick
When is Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers taking place? Tuesday 21th January, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers taking place? Moda Center
What channel is Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers on? TNT
Where can I stream Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Golden State Warriors 112 – 122 Portland Trail Blazers
THE TEAM NEWS
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
- The Warriors have been the worst team of the Western Conference all season long but they are coming off a 109-95 win over Orlando Magic. That was their first win of 2020 and it also snapped the team’s 10-game losing streak, though they remain rooted at the bottom of the West standings with a 10-34 record.
- Glenn Robinson III and Kevon Looney have been listed as questionable so both will be game-time decisions for this contest. Jacob Evans remains out, while star guards Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson remain weeks away from returning to action.
- There are few players on the Warriors that have been as reliable as Eric Paschall, and the rookie power forward continues to produce regardless of his role. He has fallen out of the starting unit, but he is still averaging 14.8 points and 5.4 rebounds per game over his last five outings.
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
- The Trail Blazers also enter this game on a losing streak since they have dropped their last two and three of their last five after falling to the Oklahoma City Thunder by a 119-106 score the last time out. Their disappointing season continues and sit in 11th place of the Western Conference standings with a 18-26 record.
- No team in the NBA has been hurt more by the injury bug than the Blazers. C.J. McCollum, Jusuf Nurkic, Skal Labissiere and Zach Collins have been ruled out, Rodney Hood is out of the season, and Trevor Ariza won’t be available in time for this contest after being acquired from the Sacramento Kings a few days ago. Caleb Swanigan has been listed as questionable.
- Considering the lengthy list of absentees ahead of this matchup, Damian Lillard should be the player to watch for Portland. The star point guard has topped the 30-point mark in three of his last four games, and he is currently averaging averages of 27.1 points, 7.6 assists, 4.0 rebounds, 3.4 triples and 1.0 steals per game this season.
In a rematch of last season’s Western Conference Finals, it is clear both sides are struggling for both fitness and momentum. The Warriors have been dismal for most of the season, while the Blazers have been dealing with a high number of injury absentees of late. Portland have been a better side throughout the entire campaign, however, and they should be able to see off the challenge of the Warriors with a win here.