2019-20 NBA – Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers Preview & Pick
When is Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Thursday 14th November, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers on? NBC Sports Bay Area (Golden State), Spectrum (Los Angeles), ESPN (Latin America)
Where can I stream Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, WatchESPN
Where can I get tickets for Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Golden State Warriors 108 – 90 Los Angeles Lakers
THE TEAM NEWS
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
- The Warriors have been struggling this season and they enter this match-up in the midst of a four-game losing streak following Monday’s 122-108 loss against the Utah Jazz. Surprisingly, the Warriors sit dead last in the Western Conference standings with a 2-9 record, and they also own the worst defence in the Conference with an average of 121.2 points per game against them.
- D’Angelo Russell and Draymond Green returned to action over the past few days but the Warriors remain depleted. Stephen Curry is out for three months, Klay Thompson shouldn’t be back until March at the earliest, and the trio of Kevon Looney, Damion Lee and Jacob Evans are at least one week away from returning. Omari Spellman will be a game-time decision.
- Considering the recent absences, Russell should be player to watch for the Warriors. The former Lakers point guard has been scorching hot since returning from an injury and has embraced the role of being the team’s top-scoring threat. Russell currently averages 38.3 points per game since returning from an ankle problem three games ago.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers sit at the top of the Western Conference standings with an impressive 8-2 mark, and they registered one of their biggest wins of the season thus far this Tuesday – they travelled to Phoenix and picked up an impressive 123-115 win over the Suns. Aside from leading the Conference, the Lakers own a 4-1 mark in their last five games.
- DeMarcus Cousins is out for the season with a knee injury. Troy Daniels and Rajon Rondo have recovered from their injuries and are fit to play again, so the Lakers have a full rotation and Frank Vogel can assemble his line-up to exploit this match-up in a number of ways against a depleted Warriors team.
- LeBron James should be the Lakers’ player to watch. The current league leader in assists this season with 11.0 per game, James also averages 24.0 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.1 steals per game. He also has four triple-doubles and eight double-doubles in 10 contests, as he already looks like a front-runner MVP candidate early in the campaign.
Golden State currently own the league’s third-worst defence with 121.2 points per game against them, while the Lakers have the third-best defence since they allow just 101.6 points scored. The fact that the Warriors are seriously depleted should also represent a factor here, since they lack experience and maturity to compete against the likes of LeBron James, Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo and others. Golden State might have a comparable offense to the Lakers based on the numbers – 111.7 points scored per game against the Lakers’ 109.9 – but the defence should be key here. Expect the Lakers to cruise their way to a solid, comfortable win.