2019-20 NBA – Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Saturday 11th January, 2020 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers on? Fox Sports Prime Ticket, NBC Sports Bay Area, SN1
Where can I stream Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, NBC Sports App, Fox Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Golden State Warriors 122 – 141 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
- Golden State showed promise with a four-game winning streak a few weeks ago, but they have crumbled once again, and they are on a six-game losing run following their most recent defeat – a 98-107 loss against the Milwaukee Bucks. They sit at the bottom of the Western Conference standings with a 9-30 record.
- As it has been the trend during most of the season, the Warriors should be quite depleted entering this contest. Steph Curry and Klay Thompson remain out for several more months, while D’Angelo Russell and Kevon Looney should be listed as questionable for this matchup. Both, however, have slim chances of featuring.
- Damion Lee has been playing at a high level for the Warriors in recent weeks, and he has been one of the team’s most productive players since he was moved to the starting unit 12 games ago. During that stretch, he is averaging 14.5 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists while shooting 40.4 percent from three-point range.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers have had several days to rest, as their most recent game was last Sunday against the New York Knicks, a game that ended with a 135-132 win for the California-based franchise. Los Angeles currently sit in fourth place of the Eastern Conference standings with a 26-12 record, and they have posted a 3-2 mark over their last four contests.
- Doc Rivers will have the entire rotation at his disposal after the likes of Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams and Paul George overcame their injuries. Their starting five should feature Beverley, George, Kawhi Leonard, Maurice Harkless and Ivica Zubac, as it has been the trend during the recent games when everyone’s available.
- Kawhi Leonard should be the Clippers’ main scoring threat in this game. He is currently averaging 25.3 points, 7.6 rebounds and 5.1 assists per contest this season, and he should be well rested after not playing in Los Angeles’ previous contest.
There’s no question the Warriors have shown positive things over their last few weeks, but they are on a six-game losing streak following a previous four-game winning run. As things stand right now, and considering the Warriors' numerous absences, the Clippers should be considered as heavy favourites entering this contest especially if they are at full strength. Los Angeles shouldn’t have issues to win at home in what could easily be a one-sided affair.