When is Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers taking place? Thursday 24th October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers taking place? Bankers Life Fieldhouse
What television channel is Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Detroit Pistons 89 – 108 Indiana Pacers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Pistons returned to the playoffs during the 2018-19 season, but their experience was short-lived since they got swept by the Milwaukee Bucks in the opening round. They ended the regular season in eighth place of the Eastern Conference thanks to a 41-41 record.
- Detroit lost Ish Smith, Glenn Robinson, Jon Leuer, Zaza Pachulia and Wayne Ellington during the offseason. They added Sekou Doumbouya through the Draft and Derrick Rose, Markieff Morris and Michael Beasley through the free agency period.
- The Pistons barely made the playoffs last season, and that shouldn’t change here. The core of Blake Griffin, Andre Drummond and Reggie Jackson returns for another run, but they lack quality in the rest of the rotation. This suggests the Pistons will once again languish around the middle of the Eastern Conference standings.
- The Pacers lived a similar scenario to the Pistons’ one since they also made the playoffs, but also got swept in the first round by the Boston Celtics. Indiana finished the 2018-19 regular season in fifth place of the Eastern Conference thanks to a 48-34 record.
- The Pacers lost several members of the rotation during the offseason period, such as Tyreke Evans, Bojan Bodganovic, Darren Collison, Thaddeus Young, Wesley Matthews and Cory Joseph. Their biggest signing was the one of Malcolm Brogdon, while pieces such as Jeremy Lamb and T.J. McConnell could represent valuable options off the bench.
- The Pacers will be led by Brogdon alongside young players Myles Turner and Domantas Sabonis. The biggest question, however, is whether they have enough quality to make the playoffs in an improved Eastern Conference. They will likely contend for a low-playoff seed, although they could finish anywhere between sixth and 10th place if we compare their roster with the rest of the Conference.
This game should be quite close since both sides are evenly matched. Indiana have the advantage of playing at home, but the Pistons have more experience and their starters have been playing together for a longer period. Expect Detroit to have a slight edge in this season-opening contest.