2019-20 NBA – Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers Preview & Pick
When is Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers taking place? Thursday 24th October, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers taking place? Moda Center
What television channel is Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Denver Nuggets 96 – 100 Portland Trail Blazers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Nuggets enjoyed a stellar season during the 2018-19 campaign, as they made the playoffs with the second-best record in the Western Conference (54-28). They went all the way until the Conference semi-finals, where they lost against the Portland Trail Blazers in seven games.
- The Nuggets were one of the least-active teams in the free agent market, with their biggest losses Trey Lyles and Isaiah Thomas, while their notable additions include rookie Vlatko Cancar and Jerami Grant. They did, however, extend the contract of Jamal Murray so they will essentially have the same core of players they had last term.
- Denver might not finish in second place of the West next season considering how improved several franchises will be ahead of the upcoming campaign. However, they remain an extremely talented squad and making a deep playoff run should be their expectation once again.
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS
- The Trail Blazers were even more surprising last season, finishing with the third-best record in the West (53-29) and registering the second-best attack in the Conference (114.7 points per game). They reached the Western Conference Finals, where they lost against the Golden State Warriors in four games.
- The Blazers lost several regular members of last season’s rotation, such as Enes Kanter, Seth Curry, Al-Farouq Aminu and Meyers Leonard, but they added some interesting reinforcements. Among their new players we can find Hassan Whiteside, Anthony Tolliver, Mario Hezonja, Pau Gasol and Kent Bazemore.
- The Blazers will once again try to reach the playoffs led by their star backcourt duo of Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum. Finishing in the Top 3 might be hard given the top-notch competition there will be in the West, but Portland should definitively be considered as a playoff threat once again.
The fact that these two teams were separated by only one win during the regular season in 2018-19 while also needing seven games to decide who would win their playoff tie shows there’s a lot of parity between both franchises. The home-court advantage could be the deciding factor here, so the Blazers have a slight edge heading into this thrilling season opener.