2019-20 NBA – Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers Preview & Pick
When is Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Saturday 29th February, 2020 – 03:30 (UK)
Where is Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers on? ESPN, Fox Sports Prime Ticket, Altitude Sports
Where can I stream Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO, WatchESPN
Where can I get tickets for Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Denver Nuggets 114 – 104 Los Angeles Clippers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Nuggets are coming off a comfortable 115-98 win over the Detroit Pistons and that result pushed their winning streak to two games. They have gone 2-2 in their last four outings but they remain in a premium position in the Western Conference as they are second with a 40-18 record.
- Denver's lone absentee will be rookie Bol Bol but considering he has not played a single minute this season, him missing out shouldn’t affect Denver’s rotation at all.
- Nikola Jokic tends to receive most of the attention for the Nuggets but it’s impossible to overlook what Jamal Murray has been doing of late. The star guard is averaging 25.1 points per game while shooting 55.0 percent from the field in his last eight games since returning from a 10-game absence between January and February.
LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS
- The Clippers suffered a mini slump in February and endured a three-losing streak but they have bounced back admirably with two straight wins following their 102-92 win over the Phoenix Suns. The Inglewood-based franchise remains one of the best teams in the Western Conference and sit in third place with a 39-19 record.
- The Clippers do not have injuries to report ahead of this contest, although it would be worthwhile to check on Paul George’s status before tip-off. The star guard/forward remains on a strict minute restriction to avoid another hamstring injury.
- Kawhi Leonard should be the player to watch for the Clippers as the reigning All-Star Game MVP continues to have a torrid season in his first year with the California-based franchise. He is coming off a 24-point, 14-rebound performance against the Suns the last time out.
At least on paper, the Clippers and the Nuggets are the biggest threats for the Los Angeles Lakers on their path towards the Western Conference title and, as such, this game between two title contenders should be one that no NBA fan will want to miss. The Nuggets have a slight edge when it comes to consistency, but the Clippers are on the rise and have their star duo of Paul George and Kawhi Leonard reportedly healthy for this contest. Plus, the Clippers are the best home team in the Conference with an impressive 23-6 mark at Staples Center. The game is going to be tight and will likely go down to the wire, but the Clippers are favourites to come out on top.