When is Brooklyn Nets @ Orlando Magic taking place? Tuesday 7th January, 2020 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Brooklyn Nets @ Orlando Magic taking place? Amway Center
What channel is Brooklyn Nets @ Orlando Magic on? Fox Sports Florida, Yes Network
Where can I stream Brooklyn Nets @ Orlando Magic? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service, Fox Sports GO
Where can I get tickets for Brooklyn Nets @ Orlando Magic? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Brooklyn Nets 89 – 102 Orlando Magic
THE TEAM NEWS
- Brooklyn enter this game on an awful run of form, as their recent 121-102 loss against the Toronto Raptors pushed their losing streak to five games. They are 3-7 in their last 10 games, and right now they sit in seventh place of the Eastern Conference with a 16-18 record, quite far from their pre-season expectations that listed them as Eastern Conference contenders.
- The Nets will be shorthanded when it comes to playmakers, as Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving and Caris LeVert have all been ruled out. Their frontcourt depth could strengthen, however, as both Nicolas Claxton and DeAndre Jordan are probable for this matchup.
- Spencer Dinwiddie continues to play the best basketball of his career, and he is the undisputed best of the Nets’ offense with both Irving and Durant out. He has scored 20 or more points in 10 of Brooklyn’s last 12 games, and he is averaging 27.3 points and 6.7 assists during that productive stretch.
- Orlando are coming off a loss as well, as they dropped Saturday’s matchup against the Utah Jazz by a 109-96 score. That loss ended the Magic’s two-game winning run and they own a 2-3 mark in their last five contests. As a result, they sit in eighth place of the Eastern Conference with a 16-20 record.
- The Magic will be depleted on defense since some of their best specialists on that end of the court will be out of this match. The list includes Jonathan Isaac and Al-Farouq Aminu, as well as Michael Carter-Williams. Plus, promising youngster Chuma Okeke has been ruled out for the entire season.
- Nikola Vucevic returned from injury weeks ago and he is currently on top form. The Montenegrin center has six double-doubles in 11 games, has topped the 20-point mark nine times, and is averaging 20.2 points with 9.8 rebounds during that stretch.
On paper, the Nets would seem to have the better roster but they are currently without three of their top five players in Irving, Durant and LeVert, while the Magic do not have major absences excepting perhaps Isaac, who contributes heavily on the defensive end of the court. However, Orlando enter this game on a better run of form and, despite of what the record indicates, they have been playing at a higher level of late. They should take advantage of Brooklyn’s poor form and chemistry to secure the win at home.