When is Boston Celtics @ Philadelphia 76ers taking place? Thursday 24th October, 2019 – 00:30 (UK)
Where is Boston Celtics @ Philadelphia 76ers taking place? Wells Fargo Center
What television channel is Boston Celtics @ Philadelphia 76ers on? This match will be televised live on Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Boston Celtics @ Philadelphia 76ers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Boston Celtics @ Philadelphia 76ers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Celtics 115 – 118 Philadelphia 76ers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Celtics finished last season as the fourth-best team in the Eastern Conference thanks to a 49-33 record, so they earned home-field advantage in the first round of the playoffs. They swept the Indiana Pacers in the first round, but lost in the Eastern Conference Semifinals in five games against the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Somehow, the Celtics got weaker during the offseason after losing Kyrie Irving, Al Horford and Terry Rozier, among other players. Kemba Walker was their biggest addition and he could replace Irving, but the other major move was adding Enes Kanter, who is a clear downgrade in comparison to Horford.
- Even if the Celtics won’t be nearly as good as they were last season, they still should be a bonafide playoff contender and could even challenge for a Top 4 spot in the East. They still own a heavily talented roster with names such as Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart leading the way.
- The 76ers came exactly three bounces away from reaching the Eastern Conference Finals last season. They ended the regular season as the third-best team in the East (51-31) and took care of the Brooklyn Nets in the first round of the playoffs (4-1), but lost in the Semifinals against the Toronto Raptors (3-4) thanks to a game-winning shot from Kawhi Leonard that bounced off the rim several times before going in when time had already expired.
- The 76ers couldn’t hold on to Jimmy Butler, but they acquired Josh Richardson in a sign-and-trade with the Miami Heat. They also extended Tobias Harris and Ben Simmons, while also acquiring Al Horford as a free agent. Now the Sixers have their best players all locked up for the next three seasons. T.J. McConnell and J.J. Redick left the squad.
- At least on paper, the Sixers are one of the strongest teams in the Eastern Conference. Not only they should challenge for a playoff berth, but they could easily make a deep run at the playoffs where they could even top what they did during the 2018-19 season. Undoubtedly, expectations are higher for them this time.
These two sides also met in their season opening match last year and in that game the Celtics came away with the win. Expect the outcome to be different this time around, as Boston got weaker during the offseason while the Sixers managed to strengthen their current core.