When is Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Sunday 23rd February, 2020 – 20:30 (UK)
Where is Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers taking place? Staples Center
What channel is Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers on? ABC, TSN4
Where can I stream Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers? If the game is televised on Sky Sports, subscribers will be able to stream the match live via Sky Go / NBA League Pass subscribers can stream every game live on the online service
Where can I get tickets for Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers? https://nbatickets.nba.com/
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Boston Celtics 139 – 107 Los Angeles Lakers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Celtics have won their last two games and kicked off their second half of the season with a 127-117 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Boston are 4-1 in their last five contests and they currently sit in third place in the Eastern Conference with a 39-16 record.
- Star point guard Kemba Walker has been listed as doubtful due to a knee injury and he will be a game-time decision for this contest. Robert Williams remains sidelined with a hip problem and he’s not expected to return until next week at the earliest.
- Jaylen Brown will likely be Boston’s main scoring threat if Walker is out for this game. The shooting guard, who is having a career-year in 2019-20, is coming off a 25-point performance against the Timberwolves last time out.
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
- The Lakers enter this game riding a four-game winning streak following their 117-105 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies last time out. The Lakers have also won three of their last four games at home and enter this contest at the top of the Western Conference standings with a 42-12 record.
- The biggest news from the Lakers camp is that DeMarcus Cousins has been released while Markieff Morris has come the other way. Morris hasn’t signed his new contract, however, so it remains to be seen if he will be ready for this game.
- LeBron James tends to up the ante in the second half of the season and he enters this game on the heels of back-to-back 32-point performances. The star forward is averaging 24.2 points, 11.2 assists and 8.0 rebounds per game in his last five outings.
The Celtics destroyed the Lakers to the tune of a 139-107 win in the previous meeting between these two teams this season, but the recent H2H record shows parity and both sides have registered two wins in the last four seasons. The Lakers have a clear edge here since they will be at home, though, thanks to their 19-7 home record and Boston’s less-than-impressive 16-11 mark away from home. It will be a scrappy, intense game which is often the case when these two bitter rivals meet, but the Lakers should be listed as favourites here.