2020 MLB – Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners Preview & Prediction
When is Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners taking place? Thursday 26th March, 2020 – 21:10 (UK)
Where is Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners taking place? T-Mobile Park
What is the expected weather for Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners? Showers, 12c
What television channel is Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners on? BT Sport 1 showcases MLB games in the UK so it would be useful to check their schedule
Where can I stream Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Texas Rangers 3 – 11 Seattle Mariners
THE TEAM NEWS
- Texas ended the 2019 season in third place of the AL West with a 78-84 record but it was a disappointing campaign considering they ended the year quite far from contending for a Wild Card berth.
- It’s hard to imagine the Rangers, or any other AL West team for that matter, contending with the Houston Astros, but Texas have a talented roster and the arrival of experienced players such as Todd Frazier and Corey Kluber should boost the team considerably.
- The Rangers added third baseman Todd Frazier, catcher Robinson Chirinos and pitcher Jordan Lyles but their biggest move was acquiring former Cleveland Indians ace Corey Kluber, who agreed on a change of scenery after an injury-riddled 2019 season.
- Seattle finished the 2019 season with a poor 68-94 record that was good for dead last in the AL West. They were the bottom-placed team with the best mark in the American League, but there’s no way to sugar-coat the fact that they were a disaster in 2019.
- However, the Mariners should be primed for a bounce-back performance in 2020 as they have addressed their pitching problems with ease. They could use some more firepower on offense, but they should be good enough to at least compete despite being one or two years away from contending.
- Seattle’s biggest area of concern during the 2019 season was the lack of consistency on the mound and the franchise’s General Manager, Jerry Dipoto, made several signings to address those woes. The list of additions includes Carl Edwards Jr., Nestor Cortes Jr., Kendall Graveman. They also extended their ace, Marco Gonzales, until the end of the 2024 season.
Both Texas and Seattle were among the worst teams in the American League during 2019, but Texas had a better record and they also look like a team capable of starting the 2020 campaign with a win. Seattle’s biggest strength lies over the mound but the Rangers should create more havoc in Seattle’s pitching staff. Their offense should be able to find them a victory.