2020 MLB – San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers Preview & Prediction
When is San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers taking place? Thursday 26th March, 2020 – 21:10 (UK)
Where is San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers taking place? Dodger Stadium
What is the expected weather for San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers? Mostly sunny, 23c
What television channel is San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers on? BT Sport 1 showcases MLB games in the UK so it would be useful to check their schedule
Where can I stream San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for San Francisco Giants @ Los Angeles Dodgers? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? San Francisco Giants 0 – 9 Los Angeles Dodgers
THE TEAM NEWS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
- The Giants struggled for most of the 2019 campaign, squared as they were in a NL West that was absolutely dominated by the Los Angeles Dodgers. San Francisco ended with a 77-85 record to finish in third place of the division.
- Expectations for the Giants in 2020 shouldn’t be very high and it seems the best-case scenario would be to fight for a NL Wild Card spot. They are without long-time manager Bruce Bochy and while they have some quality players on the roster, it might not be enough to be competitive even in a somewhat weak division.
- The Giants didn’t make many major moves during the offseason, although they lost some key contributors such as Madison Bumgarner and Will Smith. Their biggest offseason additions were infielder Zack Cozart and pitcher Kevin Gausman.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
- The Dodgers were undoubtedly the best team in the National League during the regular season since they registered a 105-56 record, as well as a 59-22 mark when playing at home. They reached the playoffs as a World Series candidate but lost against the Washington Nationals.
- Expectations for the Dodgers this season are sky high, since they are a far improved side in a division where other teams have not made the same offseason efforts. Los Angeles should be the clear-cut candidate to win the NL West and they are also expected to make a deep playoff run.
- The Dodgers had an impressive offseason following the trade that sent Mookie Betts and David Price to Los Angeles. The arrival of the 2018 AL MVP boosts the outfield and the offense, while adding Price should give them a stellar one-two lefty punch with Clayton Kershaw. As if that wasn’t enough, they also have reigning NL MVP Cody Bellinger on the roster.
The Giants might have ended eight games under .500 but they delivered their best results on the road, where they posted a 42-39 record. However, the Dodgers paced the National League with 106 wins in 2019 and all signs point towards them being stronger this year. In what’s going to be a “World Series or bust” campaign for LA, they should start 2020 with a win against their bitter rivals.