2020 MLB – Philadelphia Phillies @ Miami Marlins Preview & Prediction
When is Philadelphia Phillies @ Miami Marlins taking place? Thursday 26th March, 2020 – 21:10 (UK)
Where is Philadelphia Phillies @ Miami Marlins taking place? Marlins Park
What is the expected weather for Philadelphia Phillies @ Miami Marlins? Cloudy, 25c
What television channel is Philadelphia Phillies @ Miami Marlins on? BT Sport 1 showcases MLB games in the UK so it would be useful to check their schedule
Where can I stream Philadelphia Phillies @ Miami Marlins? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Philadelphia Phillies @ Miami Marlins? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Philadelphia Phillies 3 – 4 Miami Marlins
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Phillies were one of the most under-performing teams in the National League during the 2019 season. Despite adding names such as Bryce Harper and J.T. Realmuto, Philadelphia couldn’t perform as expected and finished in fourth place of the NL East with an 81-81 record.
- Philadelphia should be ready for a bounce-back performance in 2020 considering the strength of their roster and the overall strength of the division. The Phillies are good enough to fight for a NL Wild Card berth, although they are a few steps below the Atlanta Braves and the Washington Nationals in the race for the division title.
- The Phillies went on a spending spree in 2019, so they decided to change other things in 2020 as they hired Joe Girardi to be the team’s new manager. They also bolstered their infield when they inked shortstop Didi Gregorius to a one-year deal, and added a quality starter in Zack Wheeler.
- The Marlins have been one of the worst teams in the National League for quite a while, and that hasn’t changed over the last few years. Their had an awful 2019 season where they posted an NL-worst 57-105 record. Only two teams in the entire MLB won fewer games than Miami in 2019.
- Things shouldn’t change much for the Marlins during the upcoming 2020 season, although Miami might have added some interesting pieces during the offseason and could be set to expect a rise in the upcoming campaign.
- Miami signed first baseman Jesus Aguilar, completed a trade for 2B Jonathan Villar, and added two seasoned veterans in Francisco Cervelli and Corey Dickerson. That might not help them reach the playoffs but they are certainly steps in the right direction. Matt Joyce and Brandon Kintzler also signed one-year deals with the club.
The Marlins should be considerably better than last season given the upgrades they have made on their current roster, but that is unlikely to change the fact that they remain one of the worst teams in the National League. The Phillies under-performed in 2019 and they have a lot of pressure on their shoulders but new manager Joe Girardi is known for getting his teams performing at a high level as soon as the season starts. Philadelphia have World Series aspirations in 2020, and they will back that up by winning their season opener on the road.