2020 MLB – Minnesota Twins @ Oakland Athletics Preview & Prediction
When is Minnesota Twins @ Oakland Athletics taking place? Thursday 26th March, 2020 – 21:07 (UK)
Where is Minnesota Twins @ Oakland Athletics taking place? O.co Coliseum
What is the expected weather for Minnesota Twins @ Oakland Athletics? Showers, 26c
What television channel is Minnesota Twins @ Oakland Athletics on? BT Sport 1 showcases MLB games in the UK so it would be useful to check their schedule
Where can I stream Minnesota Twins @ Oakland Athletics? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Minnesota Twins @ Oakland Athletics? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Minnesota Twins 7 – 6 Oakland Athletics
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Minnesota Twins were one of the biggest surprises in the 2019 season as they came out of nowhere to win the AL Central thanks to a 101-61 record. Only the New York Yankees (103) and the Houston Astros (107) won more games than Minnesota during the regular season., but they were swept by the Yankees in the ALDS.
- Minnesota’s main expectation for the 2020 season should be to win the AL Central title once again. Even though they didn’t fully address their rotation woes, they look like the top team in the division – the Chicago White Sox are still one year away from contending and the Cleveland Indians arguably got weaker after trading away their ace, Corey Kluber.
- The Twins’ biggest offseason move was the addition of third baseman Josh Donaldson. They also bolstered their rotation with the arrivals of Jhoulys Chacin, Homer Bailey and Rich Hill, as well as bringing Michael Pineda back for another year.
- The Oakland Athletics sneaked into the postseason after finishing with a 97-65 record and earning an AL Wild Card spot, but they lost that one-game playoff round to the Tampa Bay Rays. It was a solid season for the A’s either way, as they finished with the fourth-highest number of wins in the American League.
- The Athletics are in a tough spot when it comes to their 2020 expectations. They shouldn’t have issues in contending for an AL Wild Card spot but their division got tougher since the Los Angeles Angels added both Joc Pederson and Anthony Rendon, while the Texas Rangers added star hurler Corey Kluber.
- The Athletics have not made any major moves so far this offseason and will trust in their core of Khris Davis and Marcus Semien, as well as prospect Jesus Luzardo, to remain competitive. Their biggest move was trading away Jurickson Profar, who will play with the San Diego Padres in 2020.
The Athletics edged the Twins 4-3 in their H2H meetings last season and all signs point towards another tight contest. Both teams should start similar squads compared to 2019, although the Twins might have an edge with the arrival of Josh Donaldson and a considerable boost in their pitching staff after several new additions. Five of last season’s seven games separated teams by two runs or fewer, and that shouldn’t change here. Although the Twins start as slight favourites.