2020 MLB – Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros Preview & Prediction
When is Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros taking place? Friday 27th March, 2020 – 00:10 (UK)
Where is Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros taking place? Minute Maid Park
What is the expected weather for Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros? Clear, 15c
What television channel is Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros on? BT Sport 1 showcases MLB games in the UK so it would be useful to check their schedule
Where can I stream Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Los Angeles Angels 5 – 8 Houston Astros
THE TEAM NEWS
LOS ANGELES ANGELS
- The Angels have one of the best players in MLB in their roster, as Mike Trout was the undisputed star of the franchise, but they under-performed once again to finish the 2019 season with a 72-90 record and in fourth place of the AL West.
- Los Angeles should be primed for a considerable rise in the standings heading into 2020 having made some notable improvements on both sides of the ball during the offseason. The Angels might be good enough to fight for an AL Wild Card in 2020.
- The Angels made some of the better moves during the offseason, acquiring star third baseman Anthony Rendon, catcher Jason Castro and pitcher Julio Teheran, while also trading for starter Dylan Bundy. Teheran and Bundy should boost the rotation, while Rendon would represent a considerable upgrade at the hot corner.
- The Astros have been one of the best teams in the American League over the last few years and that was clearly seen during the 2019 season where they topped the AL West with a 107-55 record. No other MLB team won as many games as the Astros during the regular season, and they made it all the way to the 2019 World Series but lost to the Washington Nationals.
- Houston should be a stellar team once again despite everything that has happened to them in the offseason. Teams such as the Angels and the Oakland Athletics should be dangerous threats during the entire campaign, but the Astros are massive favourites to win the AL West for a fourth straight season.
- The Astros made few moves during the offseason, although the loss of Gerrit Cole could have an impact in their rotation. They still have one of the best lineups in the MLB, however, with names such as Jose Altuve, Carlos Correa, Yordan Alvarez, George Springer and Alex Bregman seeing the field on a daily basis.
The Angels have improved considerably during the offseason and should be in the race for an AL Wild Card berth as the season progresses. However, the Astros are likely to be the team to beat in the American League in 2020 once again despite all the issues plaguing them during the offseason. Houston won 107 games during the regular season and ended with a 60-21 mark at home. Considering they didn’t make major changes to their core and their potential lineup, they should start the 2020 season winning in front of their fans.