2020 MLB – Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox Preview & Prediction
When is Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox taking place? Thursday 26th March, 2020 – 19:10 (UK)
Where is Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox taking place? Guaranteed Rate Field
What is the expected weather for Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox? Partly cloudy, 8c
What television channel is Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox on? BT Sport 1 showcases MLB games in the UK so it would be useful to check their schedule
Where can I stream Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Kansas City Royals @ Chicago White Sox? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Kansas City Royals 6 – 3 Chicago White Sox
THE TEAM NEWS
KANSAS CITY ROYALS
- The Royals under-performed massively during the 2019 season and finished in fourth place of the AL Central standings with a 59-103 record. Only the Detroit Tigers and the Baltimore Orioles won fewer games than Kansas City in the American League.
- Things shouldn’t change much for the Royals entering the 2020 season. The Indians and the Twins should battle it out for the AL Central title, while the White Sox are expected to be an improved unit in 2020. Therefore, they should continue their rebuilding process, as they are a year away or two from contending for a postseason berth.
- Kansas City made few moves during the offseason, although the addition of third baseman Maikel Franco was notable. Their biggest offensive threat should be Jorge Soler, as the DH/OF led the American League in home runs during 2019 with 48 long balls.
CHICAGO WHITE SOX
- The White Sox have gone under several years of rebuilding and it seems the team scratched the surface of what they can become during the 2019 season. Chicago ended the campaign in third place of the AL Central with a 72-89 record, but they looked like a much-improved unit compared to past years.
- There are lofty expectations for the White Sox entering the 2020 season, since many experts believe they can make a play for an AL Wild Card berth. Names such as Yoan Moncada, Tim Anderson and Lucas Giolito should take a step forward, while Jose Abreu's contract was extended. Top prospect Luis Robert should also contribute to the franchise sooner than later.
- One player to watch for the White Sox is outfielder Eloy Jimenez. The former Chicago Cubs prospect is flourishing on the other side of the city, and he is coming off an impressive 2019 season where he hit .267 with 79 RBI. Among their notable additions we can find Steve Cishek, Nomar Mazara and star catcher Yasmani Grandal.
The Royals were underwhelming in 2019 and, at least on paper, they've not done much to suggest they should improve massively in 2020. The same can’t be said for the White Sox, as the Chicago-based franchise seems to have added solid pieces on both offense and defence such as Grandal and Mazara. With another year under their belts, the White Sox seem primed to contend for an AL Wild Card berth in 2020, and they will use the home-field advantage to kick off their 2020 season with a win.