2020 MLB – Atlanta Braves @ Arizona Diamondbacks Preview & Prediction
When is Atlanta Braves @ Arizona Diamondbacks taking place? Friday 27th March, 2020 – 03:10 (UK)
Where is Atlanta Braves @ Arizona Diamondbacks taking place? Chase Field
What is the expected weather for Atlanta Braves @ Arizona Diamondbacks? 25c, cloudy
What television channel is Atlanta Braves @ Arizona Diamondbacks on? BT Sport 1 showcases MLB games in the UK so it would be useful to check their schedule
Where can I stream Atlanta Braves @ Arizona Diamondbacks? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Atlanta Braves @ Arizona Diamondbacks? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Atlanta Braves 3 – 5 Arizona Diamondbacks
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Braves had a strong season in 2019 since they clinched the NL East title after posting a 97-65 record – the second-highest win total in the National League. However, they lost in the playoffs to the St. Louis Cardinals in the NLDS.
- Atlanta should have similar expectations heading into the 2020 season, as they are one of the best teams in the National League on paper. They should run away with the Division while also being more than capable of making a deep playoff run.
- The Braves already have a strong core and therefore did not need to sign many upgrades during the offseason. They lost Josh Donaldson, who signed with the Minnesota Twins, but they acquired names such as catcher Travis d’Arnaud, starting pitcher Cole Hamels, and reliever Will Smith.
- The Diamondbacks are in the midst of a rebuilding process but it seems they have reached an impasse. That was evidenced in their 2019 season, as they finished in second place of the NL West with an 85-77 record, but far away from reaching the postseason.
- Arizona could be treated as the second-best team in the NL West on paper, but their biggest expectations should be to fight for a NL Wild Card. Even that scenario seems complicated and it would not be a shock if they missed out on a postseason berth once again.
- The Diamondbacks came out of nowhere to sign one of the most prized starting pitchers in the free agent market, securing the services of Madison Bumgarner with a five-year, $85 million contract. He joins an already talented rotation that includes arms such as Robbie Ray, Merrill Kelly, Mike Leake and Luke Weaver.
The Diamondbacks did not make too many changes on offense heading into the 2020 season, and it’s unclear how they will manage to deal with a lineup that’s as stacked as the Braves' one. Atlanta were one of the best away teams during the 2019 MLB regular season thanks to a 47-34 mark, and they are established as one of the top title candidates in the National League. It wouldn’t be surprising if they begin their 2020 season with a win despite playing on the road.