2019 MLB World Series Game 4 – Houston Astros @ Washington Nationals Preview & Pick
When is Houston Astros @ Washington Nationals taking place? Sunday 27th October, 2019 – 01:07 (UK)
Where is Houston Astros @ Washington Nationals taking place? Nationals Park
What is the expected weather for Houston Astros @ Washington Nationals? Cloudy, 17c
What television channel is Houston Astros @ Washington Nationals on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / FOX in the US, ESPN in Latin America
Where can I stream Houston Astros @ Washington Nationals? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US, ESPN Play in Latin America
Where can I get tickets for Houston Astros @ Washington Nationals? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Houston Astros 4 – 1 Washington Nationals
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Astros needed a bounce-back performance after losing the first two games of the 2019 World Series at home and they pulled one back with a strong performance at Nationals Park. After mustering 11 hits and four runs, the pitching did the rest of the job as the Astros limited Washington to just nine hits and one run. Houston’s task is far from over, though, as they need to win at least one more game on the road to have a shot at winning their second World Series ring in the last three years.
- Jose Altuve had another solid game after going 2-for-5 with two runs scored, and he is hitting .400 with a 1.000 OPS against the Nationals, but the star of Game 3 was Michael Brantley, who went 2-for-4 with two RBI. The outfielder is currently hitting .417 with a .917 OPS after the first three games against Washington.
- Manager A.J. Hinch has not confirmed how he will approach Game 4 yet. One alternative is to have a bullpen game, but the other would be to start Gerrit Cole. The star right-hander suffered a bad loss in Game 1 of the series but he has been lights out during the current postseason run thanks to a 1.82 ERA and a 0.91 WHIP in four starts.
- The Nationals entered Game 3 of the World Series knowing just two wins were enough to claim the first title for the franchise but they faltered in Game 3. The numbers don’t lie here, as Washington only registered one run and nine hits, both of which are their lowest mark in the World Series so far. They also committed several mistakes, such as two fielding errors or leaving 12 runners left on base. Plus, they went 0-for-10 with runners on scoring position.
- Adam Eaton continues to thrive in the World Series and he followed on his Game 2 home run with a 2-for-4 day, with the veteran outfielder hitting .500 against Houston so far. Juan Soto and Anthony Rendon struggled, however, as the star duo combined for just 1-for-9 with three strikeouts and a walk.
- Patrick Corbin will get the nod for Game 4, as the Nationals will aim to move one step closer towards a potential World Series title. Corbin has been Washington’s weakest link in the rotation during the current playoff run, as he has a 6.91 postseason ERA thus far. He went 14-7 with a 3.25 ERA and 238 strikeouts during the regular season, however, so he should be in line for a bounce-back performance sooner rather than later.
The Nationals were widely expected to win Game 3 thanks to their impressive eight-game winning streak they were carrying but the Astros came out of nowhere to put themselves just 27 outs from tying the series at two wins apiece. Washington will have the home-field advantage again and they will also give Patrick Corbin another chance to start, with the hope of making amends. The fact that the Astros will use a bullpen game could be criticised, and the Nats should be listed as favourites once again.