2019 MLB – Washington Nationals @ Los Angeles Dodgers Preview & Prediction
When is Washington Nationals @ Los Angeles Dodgers taking place? Friday 4th October, 2019 – 01:37 (UK)
Where is Washington Nationals @ Los Angeles Dodgers taking place? Dodger Stadium
What is the expected weather for Washington Nationals @ Los Angeles Dodgers? Sunny, 24c
What television channel is Washington Nationals @ Los Angeles Dodgers on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / TBS in the US
Where can I stream Washington Nationals @ Los Angeles Dodgers? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Washington Nationals @ Los Angeles Dodgers? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Washington Nationals 11 – 4 Los Angeles Dodgers
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Nationals mounted an epic rally in the NL Wild Card Game, as they came from behind to defeat the Milwaukee Brewers (4-3) and advance to the NLDS. The Nationals remain as one of the hottest teams in all of MLB and, if we add the regular-season results into the mix, then they are currently riding a nine-game winning streak.
- The Nationals do not have fresh injury concerns ahead of this game and undoubtedly two players to watch here are Anthony Rendon and Juan Soto. Rendon was an NL MVP candidate who posted a 1.010 OPS in the regular season, while Soto delivered a key hit during the NL Wild Card Game while hitting for .282 with 34 home runs in the regular season.
- The Nationals have not announced who will be their starting pitcher ahead of this game but considering both Max Scherzer and Stephen Strasburg saw action during the NL Wild Card, recent reports have indicated Patrick Corbin will get the nod. He went 14-7 with a 3.25 ERA and 238 strikeouts in 33 starts during the regular season.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS
- The Dodgers ran away with the NL West during the regular season and they also clinched the best record in the National League (106-56), giving them home-field advantage throughout the entire National League playoffs. They are riding a seven-game winning streak dating back to the regular season and own an 8-2 mark in their last 10 games, allowing two or fewer runs in each of their last four outings.
- Alex Verdugo is the lone Dodger who is dealing with injury at the moment while Justin Turner is dealing with a back problem but that won’t prevent him from playing in Game 1 of the NLDS. One player to watch for Los Angeles is Cody Bellinger, who ended the season with the second-highest OPS in the National League (1.035) while hitting 47 home runs and 115 RBI.
- The Dodgers have not announced their starter for Game 1, but their ace, Hyun-Jin Ryu, will be available to start in the series opener – he led the National League in ERA during 2019 with a 2.32 mark despite posting 5.40 ERA in his last seven starts. Clayton Kershaw (16-5, 3.03 ERA, 1.04 WHIP) could be another alternative as well.
Undoubtedly, these are two of the hottest teams in the National League. The Nationals carry the momentum here since they are on a huge winning run of nine games, but they will travel to Los Angeles and will play their second game in three days in two completely different time zones without their two best pitchers available. Meanwhile, the Dodgers have their best arms available and have rested since the end of the regular season. That should be enough reason to consider Los Angeles as the favourite ahead of Game 1 of the NLDS.