2019 MLB – Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees Preview & Prediction
When is Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees taking place? Saturday 21th September, 2019 – 00:05 (UK)
Where is Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees taking place? Yankee Stadium
What is the expected weather for Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees? Mostly clear, 23c
What television channel is Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / SNET, WPIX in the US
Where can I stream Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Toronto Blue Jays @ New York Yankees? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Toronto Blue Jays 6 – 4 New York Yankees
THE TEAM NEWS
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
- The Blue Jays are getting hot at the right time, since they are coming off a three-game swept of the lowly Baltimore Orioles, and now own a four-game winning run. They are 4-1 in their last five games, and 7-3 over their last 10 MLB meetings.
- Bo Bichette and Jordan Romano are day-to-day with injuries, although the shortstop is eligible to return ahead of Friday’s contest, while Ryan Borucki, Devon Travis, Matt Shoemaker and Tim Mayza are all out for the season. Randall Grichuk could be a player to watch for the Blue Jays, as he currently leads the team on both home runs (30) and RBI (76) in 2019.
- Jacob Waguespack gets the start for the Blue Jays ahead of this match. He is 4-5 with a 4.70 ERA this season, but he hasn’t been pitching very well of late. His ERA over his last four starts is a gigantic 8.70.
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees have every reason to celebrate as they clinched their 100th win of the season on Thursday, and they also secured the AL East title. The Bronx Bombers are 3-2 in their last five games and 6-4 in their last 10, but they can lay back for a while given they have already clinched a postseason berth.
- Starting pitcher Domingo German has been placed on administrative leave by MLB, while others such as Dellin Betances, Edwin Encarnacion, Aaron Hicks and Gary Sanchez all remain out for the Yankees. DJ LeMahieu might be the spark the Yankees need ahead of this game, as the infielder has hit for .329 this season while also leading the franchise on RBI with 97. Gleyber Torres can cause havoc as well, as evidenced by his 38 home runs in 2019.
- J.A. Happ will get the start for the Yankees ahead of this contest. The veteran lefty hasn’t been at his best in recent weeks due to a tendinitis issue, but still has a 3.46 ERA in his last five starts. Over the entire season, the 36-year-old is 12-8 with a 5.07 ERA and 130 strikeouts.
There’s no question the Yankees enter this game on a better run of form and with the morale quite high due to their Division title. Plus, Happ has been pitching decently of late while Waguespack has struggled badly. If we also add the fact that the Yankees are at home, then New York should be considered as big favourites ahead of this contest.