When is Texas Rangers @ New York Yankees taking place? Tuesday 2nd September, 2019 – 18:05 (UK)
Where is Texas Rangers @ New York Yankees taking place? Yankee Stadium
What is the expected weather for Texas Rangers @ New York Yankees? Scattered thunderstorms, 25c
What television channel is Texas Rangers @ New York Yankees on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / YES Network, Fox Sports Southwest, ESPN in the US
Where can I stream Texas Rangers @ New York Yankees? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, WatchESPN and MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Texas Rangers @ New York Yankees? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Texas Rangers 2 – 7 New York Yankees
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Rangers won two of three in their recent series against the Seattle Mariners, and are 3-2 in their last five MLB outings. However, they have also gone 4-6 in their last 10 games so it’s clear they need to improve if they want to close the regular season on a strong note.
- Hunter Pence, Jesse Biddie, Joey Gallo and Taylor Hearn are all out with none expected to return until mid-September at the earliest. Nick Solak has been seeing the ball well for the Rangers in recent weeks, as he has hit for .350 with a .958 OPS in his last 20 at-bats.
- Mike Minor will be the starter for the Rangers in this game, but the veteran is 0-2 with a 6.05 ERA in his last three starts and definitely trending in the wrong direction. The 31-year-old lefty is 11-8 with a 3.25 ERA, a 1.20 WHIP and 175 strikeouts across 174.1 innings pitched in 27 starts.
NEW YORK YANKEES
- The Yankees won two of three in their recent series against the Oakland Athletics. They are 4-1 in their last five games and 7-3 in their last 10 MLB outings, however, so they remain as one of the top teams in the American League this season.
- Zack Britton and Cameron Maybin are day-to-day for the Yankees, while Luis Severino and Edwin Encarnacion are already going through rehab assignments. Gio Urshela, C.C. Sabathia, Giancarlo Stanton, Dellin Betances and Aaron Hicks, however, remain out. Aaron Judge has been scorching hot of late, hitting for .357 with a .857 SLG, four home runs and a 1.257 OPS in his last seven games.
- Masahiro Tanaka will get the start for the Yankees here. The 30-year-old right-hander is 10-7 with a 4.47 ERA, a 1.22 WHIP and 128 strikeouts in 157.0 innings across 27 starts. He’s been struggling a bit of late, however, as he owns a 3-2 mark with a 5.85 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP in his last seven starts.
Both pitchers have been struggling over the last few weeks, but it seems the Yankees have the better roster – even considering their injuries – and also enter this game carrying a better run of form. Home-field advantage might also be a factor here, so the Yankees should definitely enter this game as favourites.