When is Tampa Bay Rays @ Houston Astros taking place? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – 19:10 (UK)
Where is Tampa Bay Rays @ Houston Astros taking place? Minute Maid Park
What is the expected weather for Tampa Bay Rays @ Houston Astros? Mostly cloudy, 33c
What television channel is Tampa Bay Rays @ Houston Astros on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports Sun, ATT SportsNet SW, MLB Network in the US
Where can I stream Tampa Bay Rays @ Houston Astros? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for Tampa Bay Rays @ Houston Astros? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Tampa Bay Rays 6 – 8 Houston Astros
THE TEAM NEWS
TAMPA BAY RAYS
- The Rays have stumbled of late and they are currently riding a four-game losing streak. They have gone 1-4 in the last five games and are 4-6 in their last 10 MLB outings, meaning they could quickly fall in the Wild Card Standings if they don’t turn things around.
- Tampa Bay might have Kevin Kiermaier back from his ribs issue, but Tyler Glasnow, Blake Snell and Yonny Chirinos will return to action later this year. Eric Sogard has a .298 average and an .843 OPS in 2019.
- 29-year-old Andrew Kittredge has a 4.37 ERA, 1.37 WHIP and 44 strikeouts with only nine walks through 35 innings. It will be the first time he works as a starter this season.
- The Astros are one of the hottest teams in the American League in recent weeks, and they are riding a six-game winning streak following Tuesday’s win over the Rays. Plus, Houston have gone 9-1 in their last 10 games so they’re getting hot at the perfect time.
- Houston will be without Carlos Correa, Brad Peacock, Aaron Sanchez and Josh James due to injury. One player to watch here will be rookie Yordan Alvarez, who hits for .329 with a 1.120 OPS, 21 home runs and 62 RBI in 2019.
- Zack Greinke will get the start for the Astros, with the veteran hurler 4-0 with a 2.45 ERA in four starts since joining the franchise in July 31. He has a 2.83 ERA with 150 strikeouts and a 14-4 record.
The prediction ahead of this game sees the Astros as big favourites. Not only do they enter this game as the heavy favourite against the Rays, but they’ve also been one of the top teams in the American League over the past few weeks and have a clear edge in the pitching department as well. The Astros should win fairly easy here.