2019 MLB – St. Louis Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Pirates Preview & Prediction
When is St. Louis Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Pirates taking place? Wednesday 24th July, 2019 – 00:05 (UK)
Where is St. Louis Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Pirates taking place? PNC Park
What is the expected weather for St. Louis Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Pirates? Sunny, 24c
What television channel is St. Louis Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Pirates on? Fox Sports Midwest, ATT SportsNet PIT
Where can I stream St. Louis Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Pirates? Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv
Where can I get tickets for St. Louis Cardinals @ Pittsburgh Pirates? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? St. Louis Cardinals 6 – 5 Pittsburgh Pirates
THE TEAM NEWS
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
- The Cardinals have been playing better of late, and now they have won four of their last five games. Plus, St. Louis own an 8-2 record in their last ten games so they aim to keep themselves alive on the race for the NL Central.
- Paul Goldschmidt only had one hit in the previous game, but he made it count, since it was a grand slam on extra innings. The first baseman might be hitting for .248 but has 19 homers with 48 RBI. The Cardinals have several key members of their roster sidelined, however, such as Marcell Ozuna, Matt Carpenter and Yadier Molina.
- Dakota Hudson will take the ball for the Cardinals in this game. The right-hander has a 9-4 mark this season with a 3.57 ERA. He currently leads St. Louis in wins this season with nine and owns a 1.51 WHIP in 103.1 innings across 20 games (19 starts).
- The Pirates have been struggling massively of late and they have now dropped four of their last five games. Plus, Pittsburgh own a 2-8 mark in their last ten games and their slim chances to make the playoffs seem to be drifting further after each week.
- The Pirates have several players injured, including Keone Kela, Lonnie Chisenhall, Gregory Polanco, Francisco Cervelli and Jameson Taillon. When it comes to their best performers in recent weeks, Josh Bell continues to dazzle as a rookie and currently hits for .289 with an .981 OPS, while rookie Bryan Reynolds has a .902 OPS in 263 AB.
- Chris Archer hasn’t had a very good season since he has a 3-6 mark with a 5.36 ERA and 106 strikeouts. However, he’s been slightly better since the All-Star break with 18 strikeouts and only four walks in 12 innings in his last two outings.
Both the Cardinals and the Pirates are trending in opposite directions of late. St. Louis have one of their top pitchers on the mound ahead of this contest, while Pittsburgh will send an underwhelming hurler to the mound. All signs point towards the Cardinals securing another win here, even if they will be playing on the road.