2019 MLB – St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers Preview & Prediction
When is St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers taking place? Wednesday 28th August, 2019 – 00:40 (UK)
Where is St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers taking place? Miller Park
What is the expected weather for St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers? Sunny, 22c
What television channel is St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers on? BT Sport 1 in the UK / Fox Sports Midwest, Fox Sports Wisconsin in the US
Where can I stream St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or app in the UK / Fox Sports GO, MLB.tv in the US
Where can I get tickets for St. Louis Cardinals @ Milwaukee Brewers? https://www.mlb.com/tickets/season-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? St. Louis Cardinals 12 – 2 Milwaukee Brewers
THE TEAM NEWS
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
- The Cardinals have been one of the most in-form teams in the National League lately and enter this game on a five-game winning streak after sweeping the Colorado Rockies and winning the first game of the series against Milwaukee.
- Kolten Wong remains day-to-day with a toe issue while Jose Martinez, Brett Cecil and Tyler O’Neill are out again.
- Miles Mikolas will get the start for the Cardinals in this game. The 31-year-old righty is 7-13 with a 4.43 ERA, 109 strikeouts and a 1.25 WHIP in 148.1 innings pitched across 26 starts. However, he has been poor of late thanks to a 8.44 ERA in his last three outings.
- The Brewers won two of three in the weekend series against the Arizona Diamondbacks this past weekend, but after dropping the first game of this series now they own a 3-2 mark in their last five outings. They are 4-6 in their last 10 games, however, and keep dropping in the NL Central standings.
- The Brewers are still missing several pitchers to injury as the likes of Jimmy Nelson, Jeremy Jeffress and Brandon Woodruff are not yet ready to return. Christian Yelich recorded two hits on Monday and is hitting for .332 with 41 home runs and 89 RBI this year.
- Adrian Houser will get the start for the Brewers in this one. The 26-year-old right-hander, who constantly moves between the rotation and the bullpen, is 6-5 with a 3.62 ERA, 85 strikeouts and a 1.28 WHIP in 82.0 innings pitched across 28 appearances (11 starts) in 2019. He has been trending in the right direction of late, though, thanks to a 2.81 ERA in his last seven appearances (five starts).
The Cardinals continued their fine form by winning the first game of the series against the Brewers and have plenty of momentum behind them. The Brewers have been playing well and could have an edge in the pitching department given Miles Mikolas’ recent struggles, but this game will be decided by St. Louis’ offense. Right now, no team can slow their bats down so they should remain as favourites for the second game of this series.